• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for all you McCann accusers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well in my case the jury is still out. Yes, it looks like the police were incompetent, but I still remember my initial reaction when the story first broke and looking at the McCanns at their first press conference.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Have I read that post correctly? Are you saying the cops are 50% to blame?
      You read incorrectly.

Cops were imbeciles, but had no part in the kid disappearing.
      Parents too into the "We're on our hols, and everything's safe and lovely" mode to give a toss.
      Psycho kid snatcher... er ... snatched the kid.

So, parents and psycho equally to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
        Well in my case the jury is still out. Yes, it looks like the police were incompetent, but I still remember my initial reaction when the story first broke and looking at the McCanns at their first press conference.
        Stand by for Xmas books, appearances on braindead chatshows and the obligatory Maddie Memorial Trust/Fund/anything to shift the Public's focus away from our guilt.

Cynical? Me? Never!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
          Stand by for the obligatory Maddie Memorial Trust
          Ooh! We could do a sponsored treasure hunt.
          The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

What did it for me was the total lack of emotion when they were first in front of the cameras - anyone would think that they were speaking on behalf of a freind who had lost their kid.

Plus - one of the the first things they did was swan off and meet the Pope (or some such jolly)....leaving their kids behind! I'm sorry, but wild horses wouldn't separate me and my kids if one of them was "abducted".

It's as fishy as Captain Fishy's fish store.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I knew there was something dodgy about that Captain Birdseye...

Comment

I don't think the McCanns had anything to do with it, other than leaving the kids on their own in a strange place, which was pretty dumb.

I've always asked myself if they were involved, then why? Why would they arrange for their 4 year-old daughter to be abducted? It just doesn't make sense, not to me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by LittlestHobbo View Post
                  I knew there was something dodgy about that Captain Birdseye...
                  Never trust a man with a beard.

Bugger - I'd better go shave.....
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                    I don't think the McCanns had anything to do with it, other than leaving the kids on their own in a strange place, which was pretty dumb.

I've always asked myself if they were involved, then why? Why would they arrange for their 4 year-old daughter to be abducted? It just doesn't make sense, not to me anyway.
                    Maybe they didn't arrange an abduction.
                    Maybe the gave the toddler a sleeping pill so they could go to the pub safe in the knowledge she wouldn't get up.
                    Maybe they accidentally gave her an overdose and killed her.
                    Maybe they hid the body and called the police saying she was abducted.
                    Maybe they later took the body away in a hire car and disposed of it.
                    Or maybe she was just abducted with no invovlement of the parents at all.

The truth is out there....
                    Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
                      Maybe they didn't arrange an abduction.
                      Maybe the gave the toddler a sleeping pill so they could go to the pub safe in the knowledge she wouldn't get up.
                      Maybe they accidentally gave her an overdose and killed her.
                      Maybe they hid the body and called the police saying she was abducted.
                      Maybe they later took the body away in a hire car and disposed of it.
                      Or maybe she was just abducted with no invovlement of the parents at all.

The truth is out there....
                      I think you've just solved the case!

Comment

Working...
                      X