• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Translation Please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malingering BA View Post
    Now what if I were to say that the quoted rate was a slimline £330/day for a city based investment jobbie?

Well done. You just posted joke of the day.

Comment

Some good translations to choose from there. Now what if I were to say that the quoted rate was a slimline £330/day for a city based investment jobbie?

Having a larf? Looking for some mug to blame?
      Definately the latter. The project is going tits up but they still have time to hire a scape goat they can plausibly blame when the deadline finally arrives.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        The project is going tits up
        tits down - tits up is quite a good thing, if you think about it

Comment

Definately the latter. The project is going tits up but they still have time to hire a scape goat they can plausibly blame when the deadline finally arrives.
          Seems that way to me too. Just spoke to the agent and he says it's only a two monther as well so guess when the tulip's hit the fan deadline is?

Perhaps I might offer to take the blame up front for a one off payment of, say, £20k?

Comment

Indeed - at that rate they aren't looking for someone to sort it out just a scapegoat.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              Indeed - at that rate they aren't looking for someone to sort it out just a scapegoat.
              For the right price MyCo can provide a scapegoat for sure.

Unfortunately £330/day just ain't the right price. Or the right ballpark.

Comment

For the right price MyCo can provide a scapegoat for sure.

Unfortunately £330/day just ain't the right price. Or the right ballpark.
                Listen! for £330 a day I'll take the blame.

As long as I can work from home and they don't expect productivity
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                  Listen! for £330 a day I'll take the blame.

As long as I can work from home and they don't expect productivity
                  Just make sure you have plenty of PI insurance
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

If these people are who I think they are, £330/day won't even cover the liability premium.

German sounding multiple word name. Mum's the word

Comment

That's what bankruptcy is for
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X