• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Translation Please

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Translation Please"

Collapse

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Definately the latter. The project is going tits up but they still have time to hire a scape goat they can plausibly blame when the deadline finally arrives.
    That's my core competence.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Just make sure you have plenty of PI insurance
    That's what bankruptcy is for

Leave a comment:

• Malingering BA
    replied
    If these people are who I think they are, £330/day won't even cover the liability premium.

German sounding multiple word name. Mum's the word

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Listen! for £330 a day I'll take the blame.

As long as I can work from home and they don't expect productivity

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Malingering BA View Post
    For the right price MyCo can provide a scapegoat for sure.

Unfortunately £330/day just ain't the right price. Or the right ballpark.
    Listen! for £330 a day I'll take the blame.

As long as I can work from home and they don't expect productivity

Leave a comment:

• Malingering BA
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Indeed - at that rate they aren't looking for someone to sort it out just a scapegoat.
    For the right price MyCo can provide a scapegoat for sure.

Unfortunately £330/day just ain't the right price. Or the right ballpark.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Definately the latter. The project is going tits up but they still have time to hire a scape goat they can plausibly blame when the deadline finally arrives.
    Indeed - at that rate they aren't looking for someone to sort it out just a scapegoat.

Leave a comment:

• Malingering BA
    replied
    Seems that way to me too. Just spoke to the agent and he says it's only a two monther as well so guess when the tulip's hit the fan deadline is?

Perhaps I might offer to take the blame up front for a one off payment of, say, £20k?

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    The project is going tits up
    tits down - tits up is quite a good thing, if you think about it

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Some good translations to choose from there. Now what if I were to say that the quoted rate was a slimline £330/day for a city based investment jobbie?

Having a larf? Looking for some mug to blame?

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Now what if I were to say that the quoted rate was a slimline £330/day for a city based investment jobbie?

Well done. You just posted joke of the day.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Some good translations to choose from there. Now what if I were to say that the quoted rate was a slimline £330/day for a city based investment jobbie?

In that case I would go with Moorfields answer ^^^

Leave a comment:

• LittlestHobbo
    replied
    or that they've completly f*cked it up, the crap is flying everywhere best not touch it with yours..

oh yes they will definatly be a bunch of w@nkers but they'll claim its the company and workload thats made them that way...

Leave a comment:

• Malingering BA
    replied

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Hm. 1st line support, including overnighters. You'll hear "Just f*****g do it now" a lot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X