• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fed up now...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sun has got his hat on.

That won't last.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
      The sun has got his hat on.

That won't last.
      Are you related to "Eternal Optimist"?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Are you related to "Eternal Optimist"?
        No, but I am getting fed up of the rain. It's been pretty constant here of late.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Sunny.

Dry.

Not Grey.

Not wet.

Not windy.

Cold.

Monday.
          In Ireland we only have two options

1. It's raining
          or
          2. It looks like it will rain very soon.

Today we have number 2
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Today we have number 2
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Bright.

Sunny.

Slight breeze.

Warm, verging on hot.

Heating on in train.

Not raining, snowing, hailing, drizzling (yet).

Monday. <deep gloom>
              I hate that, I remember being stuck at a signal, so hot outside, heating on, I thought I was going to pass out.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                so hot outside, heating on,
                Mrs SB works a couple of days a week in a residential home for the "active elderly". That whole place is like a bleeding greenhouse all year round. Trouble is, whenever she comes home to Chez SB she complains of the cold and whacks the heating on!!
                "What about our carbon footprint says I"..........or more likely "What about the bleeding gas bill???"
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Monday. <deep gloom>
                  Public holiday.

Sun cracking the flags.

Project "Build myself an ark" put on hold.

Comment

Did we all manage to escape without being left with 3rd degree burns or sunstroke yesterday? My face is still a bit red today after getting a bit of a toasting but not real burning.

Comment

Yes.

Though I did catch a little sunburn on my neck on Saturday's trudge to the windmills & back.

Insufficient sunscreen application.
                      Windmills? The other week I thought I'd cycle to and have a close up view of our local wind turbines, but when I got there I found they were on private land and the security guard wouldn't let me in. Serves me right for enquiring at the gate rather than just cycling through.
                      Last edited by TimberWolf; 24 May 2010, 09:57.

Comment

Working...
                      X