• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fed up now...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    I could post my train journey, but this is Zurich trains are always on time.
    Humph!!

I would like to post my train journey details in real time from my blackberry... but this site looks tulipe on a curve
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Humph!!

I would like to post my train journey details in real time from my blackberry... but this site looks tulipe on a curve
      I have a very old phone, I was thinking about a blackberry but I can't make up my mind.

Any good? would you buy something different now?
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Walked into a maelstrom at work - seems once again the offshore chappies have failed to deliver ...panic & headless chickens running around

Felt like saying 'what did you expect' taken till now to get a recovery plan in place

Regretfully the plan does not include shooting those responsible for engaging the offshorers
        So they get bobs to deliver rubbish, and you to put it right. Who do you work for.......Fred Karno Inc.??

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
          I have a very old phone, I was thinking about a blackberry but I can't make up my mind.

Any good? would you buy something different now?
          Getting a bit jaded with the whole latest shiny new technology phone thaang tbh.
          So I'm going to revert to just a phone for phonecalls and just use my laptop for t'internet

Comment

Overcast & warmer than yesterday

Left of Time

Arrived on Time

Journey time 35mins 11 secs

No-name loco

No wobble

Man got a full sized bike onto the bendy bus - FFS you're meant to pedal the thing!

Woman got on with a cat in a trasit box which meowed the whole journey. Obviously knew it was on the way to the vets

Friday...yippee!

Comment

Getting a bit jaded with the whole latest shiny new technology phone thaang tbh.
              So I'm going to revert to just a phone for phonecalls and just use my laptop for t'internet
              I bought a laptop last year, in the Zurich free paper this morning they had one 4 GB RAM 500GB memory less than half what I paid last year FFS.

I think the same thing will happen when I buy a phone.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Even better, got my brolly back from the "Station Chargehand".
                We at RC Hedges are not surprised. Mrs RC left her insulated coffee cup on a bench on Neath Station platform and was handed it back when she returned in the evening.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

There's about 4 or 5 people working there these days.

Back in the 1920s there were 121. Can't imagine quite what they all did though.
                  If I said "coal", what would you say?
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

And there used to be a remarkable number of mines in the locality, even in Neath itself, which people tend to forget
                    You're kidding? Already?

The source of the world's highest quality anthracite, in vast quantities, from over a hundred mines - and even the locals are forgetting?

Jeez.

That's awful!

Comment

This has some stuff about Neath too.

SMR - RVR Railways SIG: June 2008

Comment

Working...
                      X