• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fed up now...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zeitghost
    replied
    Morning.

No observable trees blown down so far today.

Thursday.

Chainsawing tree from 17:45 to 1945 didn't do my back any favours.

I assume this is the one that landed on the garage during the afternoon.

When I was walking home I couldn't figure out why the garage looked so different.

It was mostly because there was a tree stuck in it and 3 feet of asbestos roofing had been knocked down.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 9 June 2017, 12:15.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    No bin bags?

Leave a comment:

• OnceStonedRose
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Apparently it's been compared in some peculiar way to naive poetry or some such.
    I agree with these sentiments, i always read these with a mark e smith type voiceah over the "two librans" backing track.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    BMW Z4 receiving encouragement in the jammed starter division by chap & his partner, one to hit it with hammer, the other to turn the key.

Point of order ... that would be to free the stuck solenoid rather than the starter itself

Unless of course you were using the generic term "starter" to mean the starter and solenoid

Just to correct myself it could be the starter gear stuck in the engine ring gear - in which case rocking back and forward would free it rather than striking with a hammer

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Morning.

BMW Z4 receiving encouragement in the jammed starter division by chap & his partner, one to hit it with hammer, the other to turn the key.

Om. Om.

Urgh.
    I used to have a Series 3 Landrover that required much the same treatment. I kept a hammer and a length of broom handle in the cab for just that purpose. The broom handle because the starter was out of reach of the hammer otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Odd it was labelled as a 150 'super luxury'. I'll have another go.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Pictures PICTURES!

Have you sought approval from the lizardly one to sully his thread with piccys?

Actually not a bad idea.... now if I can just capture that lady in a state of undress in the flats

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Last edited by zeitghost; Today at 08:25. Reason: Forgot the Class 150 bit.
    & I thought you copied and pasted every day

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Feckin iPod lost it's power meaning I had to endure the conductor (or "Onboard Manager" as they call them these days) making the usual banal announcements followed immediately by the pre recorded announcements saying exactly the same thing - seriously stfu

Can now see the river as we go over the Medway bridge = dawn will be close behind

No naked laydeeze on view this morning - think they have worked out how to use the blinds

Not accosted by any Life of Brian inspired beggars while walking along St Pancras

No big issue sellers

Massed contingent of spinner bag wheelers cluttering up both St Pancras approaches and the Underground - including the classic two bag wheelers .. they have become the pedestrian equivalent of caravan towers.. and should be shot

Feck it's Monday again

Leave a comment:

Working...
X