• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fed up now...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Dim siarad Cymraeg.

Got an O level in it though, for all the good that's ever done.
    Yeah. I've got an O level in Russian, but have forgotten most of it. I did like some of the music Teech played in lessons though.

There was the unexpected bonus that being able to read Cyrillic came in very handy when on holiday in Greece.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Morning.

Depressing (well it is Monday).

Skool shining brightly in the rays.

Monday.

Shoot me now. It would be a kindness.
      Saving the bullet for myself, spending the day talking to agents

I think the only reason I am still contracting is I forget what it's like finding a role once I start a new contract.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I've decided to take today off. Only a 2 day week for me this week as I'm taking Thursday off too

Taking the touring caravan over to Burnham-on-sea. 4 days of relaxation. Well I say relaxation, the granddaughters are coming so I may well collapse with exhaustion some time during the Easter break.

Today I'm going to pull the wheels on the caravan and check the breaking system, Service the car, pop to the caravan centre and by some bits and pieces. Have to do it now as I'm ant clients in London for next 2 days.

Bored now (That ones for Zeity)
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Left blighty yesterday in glorious sunshine and clear blue skies wearing a light jacket and sunglasses.

It's now snowing on the mainland.

Self

Comment

Morning.

Grey with a hint of sun, just to tease us.

Cold. Surprisingly. Is it January again?

Windy. And not just from the lentil soup.

Dry. Intermittently.

Train on time at 2 minutes late.

Blind person installed. (Blind person was observed legging it up Dwr Y Felin Road as I travelled to Neath on the train last evening).

Hill steep. Curious noise turned out to be a laydee with one of those gigantic suitcase things on wheels rapidly descending said hill.

Pavement art mostly unchanged.

Skool in view.

Wednesday.

Canterbury West Rail station and blindingly sunny

Also bored and want to go home to get my touring caravan ready for tomorrows trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              Canterbury West Rail station and blindingly sunny

Also bored and want to go home to get my touring caravan ready for tomorrows trip.
              Wet, windy and snowing!

Manchester City Centre.

Comment

It's certainly windy here.

And not in the lentil soup way.
                In Ramsgate Harbour and the weathers lovely

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Wet, windy and snowing!

Manchester City Centre.

Mid-July already? How time flies...
                  nomadd liked this post

Comment

Burnham on Sea? Sandy Bay just north of Weston is fairly nice. We went canoeing by Huntspill last weekend and Burnham looked like it was filling up already...

Comment

Day started off wonderfull. I was even out doing a bit of cleaning and gardening. Kid went out on his bicycle.

Then clouds moved in and its situation normal...dready and wet.

I still can't figure out why people actually want to move to the UK. Any ideas?
                      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                      X