• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SE Relocating - advice wanted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Guildford is 40 mins out which is a little too far - I was really looking for 30 mins max.
    Wimbledon = 15 mins to Waterloo with trains every 3-4 mins at peak times.

Comment

Originally posted by Malingering BA View Post
      Wimbledon = 15 mins to Waterloo with trains every 3-4 mins at peak times.
      Closer to 20 mins. I haven't got from Wimbledon to Waterloo in 15 mins since they got rid of the "fast" trains 3 or 4 years ago.

Another thing to recommend about Wimbledon is the multiple routes (Train/District Tube/Nothern Tube) available to you if things go to rat-tulip on any particular line.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I am just helping a builder with new flats at Wimbledon Chase - supermarket downstairs with flats above.

All the benefits of Wimbledon with easy access to the A3

Comment

Guildford is nice - I lived there for a few years - town, country and good trains.

Trouble with all these places is that you can have a lovely area surrounded by beruitsville. Croydon is like that, brilliant for trains, shopping and coutryside at your fingertips, but choose the wrong part and you need a passport and gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
            Trouble with all these places is that you can have a lovely area surrounded by beruitsville.
            I think that applies to most, if not all, cities in the country. Just goes to show that New Labour's social engineering efforts are nothing new.

Comment

Working...
            X