• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top Tip - Buy plenty of jumpers for this winter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ace00 View Post

Is there no regulation at all in this industry?
    Yes there is. It's called IR35 and S660.

HTH

Comment

Save on gas, instead of using the arger gas oven get the wife to buy a load of microwave meals and have chicken ding every night.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        Save on gas, instead of using the arger gas oven get the wife to buy a load of microwave meals and have chicken ding every night.

HTH
        Arger? You mean it sits there and goes "Arg!"?

Comment

Sit in the dark and eat cold meals in 5 layers of clothing. Good practice for when you are living off your pension.

Comment

LOL

you lot don't know how good you have it in the UK !!!

Seriously, think about it, this was on the cards you naive monkees,

the pound has dropped a huge amount against other currencies during the last 12

if UK is for example buying gas from Norway or Russia then of course, the price in pounds will have risen at least 20% over the last 12 months only to compensate the fall in the pound and that is without taking into consideration rising gas prices

the biggest part of the problem is the falling pound, and you should brace yourselves for more to come, in future, every time you see the pound falling, just remember this will make gas and oil more expensive for you later

hope that helps

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              the biggest part of the problem is the falling pound, and you should brace yourselves for more to come, in future, every time you see the pound falling, just remember this will make gas and oil more expensive for you later

hope that helps

Milan.
              I have been saying this for months to those of my friends, and in some cases former friends, who are earning in sterling, not in Euros like me. Strange to say, they often act as if it does not help at all.

Comment

Originally posted by dwm009 View Post
                http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7534421.stm

This makes me but surely justifies the increase...

Accordsing to the Centrica spokesdrone on R4 this morning they have been selling gas at a loss for most of this year and can't maintain that any longer. They are spending a fair bit oin helping poorer customers with energy saving measures and have over 300,000 customers on their hardshipe rates which won't be affected by the price hike at all.

Yes they are making a shed load of profits but they do at least seem to be trying to soften the impact of the price hike on those who can least afford it.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

expat,

funny how none of our island colleagues have responded to this thread

I guess the truth is painful

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    expat,

funny how none of our island colleagues have responded to this thread

I guess the truth is painful

Milan.
                    It's because the increase is so miniscule compared with my monthly invoice it hardly registers on my radar.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X