• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has Fiddle Flounced?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    We Giant Alien Lizards are reknowned for it...
    Renowned- you damned Giant Alien retard! How many 'A' Levels have you got then?

Comment

I've got fore A-levels incase anyones interested.

Comment

Eye's got too A levles, but they's proper, leik in 1972.

Standards had fallen by then, things started to go down hill in August 1954

Comment

I read yesterday that the 'E' I got for one of my A-levels back in the old days is the equivalent of a 'B' today. Of course, I immediately updated my CV to reflect the new reality. I wonder when my new result certificate will be issued?

Comment

Comparison are difficult because the course have changed so much (particularly since the New Lie came into power).
            Yeah ZG especially the physics papers since the discovery of electricity!!!

Comment

And now they come in packets of cornflakes.
              ...ahem...standards were extremely high in the 90s...honestly...
              Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Exams

Originally posted by WageSlave
                ...ahem...standards were extremely high in the 90s...honestly...
                Disagree, they peaked in the mid 80's!!

Comment

Comparison are difficult because the course have changed so much (particularly since the New Lie came into power).

But up to 1982 the results were adjusted statistically.

About 10% were awarded an A grade.

Now it's over 22%.

No one in my A level year achieved 3 As.

In fact the only person I know who got 3 As was my sister in 1975.

The swot.
                  What's more the exams themselves now count for only a tiny percentage of the total. So a diligent plodder with references to hand could easily, in fact almost certainly would, get an A, and from the results today there's practically no way of distinguishing students who can accurately remember and apply their knowledge in a timely manner.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

From the latest Private Eye:

50% - Drop in students taking A levels in French or German in the past decade

500% - Increase in students taking media studies A level in the past decade

84.2% - Pass rate in 1995

97% - Predicted pass rate in 2005

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964
                      From the latest Private Eye:

50% - Drop in students taking A levels in French or German in the past decade

500% - Increase in students taking media studies A level in the past decade

84.2% - Pass rate in 1995

97% - Predicted pass rate in 2005

Ah.... so the students are taking easier subjects... Feck me, that's brilliant!

Comment

Working...
                      X