• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Teenagers!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't worry yourself mate, after grammar school, I quit A-level Maths, English and Psychology for Burger King (£70 p/w), followed by McDonalds (£80 p/w)and a succession of building site labouring jobs. My parents were not particularly impressed. Had a great time spending my wages though. Then I hit 21, thought 'b*ll*cks to this' and went and got myself a degree as a mature student. Some people just aren't meant to take the easy path...

Comment

They can't slam doors with broken fingers. Just sayin', like.

Comment

Let her try and get the job at Macs... if she is lazy and can't be bothered then she will either quit or sacked.

Sounds like you have done the tough love bit and it doesn't work, what about getting her to re-sit the exams and offer incentives the higher the grades.

We just got the results back for my 11yr old girl SATs and I joked with her about getting good grades - she hit 5/5/5 in English/Maths/Science and we are all really pleased. She will be getting a little reward for that.

Comment

Here's a hint...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7517043.stm

Too soon? Too tasteless? Too lenient?

YOU decide!
          B00med!

Comment

I left school at 16 with three GCSE's. Got a p/t job at McDs for about a year and then dossed about for another year. Joined the forces, did 6 years, got 5 more O'Levels and 2 A'Levels. Been out 7 years contracting and in the last three years I've been on £400p/d + without a break in between contracts. I've got 2 houses and 3 flats (with an average 60% mortgage on each), go on sunny holidays once a year and snowboarding once a year. Own a nice car + a great bike. Not bad for three GCSE's at the age of 16.

And I'm midway through my LLB for my plan B.

Don't knock her, let her make her own mistakes and be there to pick her up if she stumbles on the way.
            "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

with one year left of school, and those marks, I think you need to face reality that Mcdonalds might be the best she can hope for

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                with one year left of school, and those marks, I think you need to face reality that Mcdonalds might be the best she can hope for

Milan.
                Beats being a tape changer

Comment

Originally posted by Dave.Mac View Post
                  Don't knock her, let her make her own mistakes and be there to pick her up if she stumbles on the way.
                  A virtual pint for that man! Common sense and good parenting in a nutshell.

You can't live their lives for them, you can only advise.
                  The vegetarian option.

Comment

Were missing the real issue here.

Is she good looking? If so she won't need to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post

Were missing the real issue here.

Is she good looking? If so she won't need to work.
                      The oldest profession in the world, is still work
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X