• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Teenagers!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wc2 View Post
    So just got my daughters school report.

It's the worst I have ever seen - 1 C and the rest D's and E's

When I tried to speak to her about it she gave me the I don't care look.

She has a year left in school but really couldn't care less. She got excited about the fact that her friend just got a job in Mcdonalds earning... wait for it....... yes !! £100 per week. She wants to do that.

So I told her if she gets a job for £100 pw I want £35 pw board and lodge

Face like thunder - Doors slamming - feet thumping..

I blame New Liar
    Is there anything she might like to do, like a training course or something? I think it's really hard at that age to know what to do with your life if you don't like studying.

Maybe let her work at McDonalds for a few months and she might change her mind.

Comment

She has a year left in school but really couldn't care less. She got excited about the fact that her friend just got a job in Mcdonalds earning... wait for it....... yes !! £100 per week. She wants to do that.

Let her start a summer job, a week in MacDonald’s should do the trick , make sure that as now she is earning she will have to contribute to the household etc etc. Nothing did more teaching me the value of money than a crappy summer job. It wasn’t soo bad but I got allot out of it.
      "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

It's actually quite difficult to get a job in McDonalds (or so my lazy arsed 17 year old student son tells me...hmmmm)
        Blood in your poo

Comment

Nothing wrong with aspiring to work in MacDonalds. A good working class profession that.

Leave all the lowly lawyer, doctor, dentist, optician, vetinary jobs to them lazy immigrants I say.

Comment

Maybe she is looking at the bigger picture and hoping that McDonalds can give her a "chef" title with some sort of Certificate so that she can emigrate to Oz?? Head Chef of Burger Making or something. Gets you 60 points!

Food preperation
            Chef [Chef de Partie, Commis Chef, Demi Chef, Second Chef, Sous Chef] 3322-11 TRA 60

Comment

Maybe she will be happy working at mcdonalds.

What other job would you want her to do?

Why do you think it's up to you?

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                And there lies the problem.

Everyone wants someone else to blame today - it's never "your" fault.

Well actually, I'm afraid it is. It is your fault for being such a weak as p*ss parent over the last 15 years and raising a child who knows she can get away with slamming doors and having no respect for you.
                SA - Have to disagree.

Over the past 15 years I have.....

Grounded her for months on end.. (Does not work - she really couldn't care)

Cleaned her room once with her in it - Filled 5 black bags (clothes/shoes/ipod type things) she carried the bags to the car and accompanied me to the local tip where the black bags where disposed of (Did not work - she really couldn't care)

Bought her 3 geckos (2 females 1 male) - Took them off her because she was not feeding/cleaning them - This on a projected plan could have made her a few hundred pounds a month - Too lazy to get out of her own way.

She lacks any kind of motivation.

SA how many teenagers do you have? -None - Thought so

ps - One of Mrs WC2's snakes laid a clutch of eggs this morning. Based on averages the clutch is worth 2k
                Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

So just got my daughters school report.

It's the worst I have ever seen - 1 C and the rest D's and E's

When I tried to speak to her about it she gave me the I don't care look.

So I told her if she gets a job for £100 pw I want £35 pw board and lodge

Face like thunder - Doors slamming - feet thumping..

I blame New Liar

I hope the New Liar thing was a joke?

IMO you did the right thing with the board/lodge. Only other option throwing her out.

I have kids aged 6y/6y/10m - it is going to take me a while to get used to the fact that they will do their own thing when they grow up. I am dreading it. There is only so much anyone can do.

And the best lessons are the ones we learn from our mistakes - I often think an expert is one who learns from the mistakes of others...

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                    Well actually, I'm afraid it is. It is your fault for being such a weak as p*ss parent over the last 15 years and raising a child who knows she can get away with slamming doors and having no respect for you.

ha ha ha.

Sally Anne goes down several zillion points in my estimation. What a fkin retard comment.

come back in twenty tears my dear, with your tail between your legs and we can see exactly how tough and successful you have been with your kids.

and before you start spouting more sh1te, I can assure you that I have followed through on the 'tough' line on my kids, where it was neccessary. But Its only one tool in a massively complicated tool-box.

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Maybe you just have to accept that she has her own mind.

I do sympathise, I have a 16 year old son who wanted to be an engineer for many years until teenage hormones kicked in. It's hard to let go, to let them deviate from their former ambitions (I bet our parents were the same) but let go and let her find her own way - most of them do stay on the right path as they've been brought up with high expectations (which parents won't finance forever). She's not letting go, it's just a 'wobble' on her path to adulthood.

Edit - Look on the bright side - she could be jealous of a friend who'd just had a baby, not of one with a (temp) job in MacDonalds....
                      Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Working...
                      X