• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Present buying for older men!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
    Is that an inflatable dole office which recreates the claiming experience?
    Reminds me of the inflatable boy joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post

Ninja edit
      Ninja quote young Jedi...

Comment

Could you get the wine and cheese, then mock up an "award certificate" on the computer along the lines of "this entitles the holder to claim a wine and cheese hamper from under the stairs/in the wardrobe/hiding place"

Comment

I've got it! The perfect present for the man of discernment. Free life membership to this board.

Comment

Does he dig groovy tunes (or indeed talk radio?/podcasts etc) My best presents ever were my Ma's Ipod (although she's in her 70s) and the Mp3 players I bought my nieces.

Comment

Old men are all miserable b@stards, so get him a new Victor Meldrew style flat cap.

Comment

Jar of Potted Stilton and Oat Cakes? Harrods do a really good jar.

Comment

Get him to adopt an Afghan war cat. He'll get to name it and receive a letter written by the cat on a sheet of toilet tissue each month, with a photo. Sweet.

Comment

A Hammock (I am assuming he is retired and has a garden with trees).
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Grey passat diesel
                      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
                      X