• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wage Slave on the pull again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill
    Please tell me you're not an aussie!
    Aussie? They're born for bar work. It's innnstinct. Innnstinct!

No, I'm a Home Counties lad. Simple, feckless and happy to chew grass.
    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

I know it's funny, but on a serious point, what crime has the nappy wearer committed? What has he done to warrant a police search?
      As I understand it, he hasn't broken any law. He hasn't attacked anyone. He hasn't threatened anyone. He hasn't indecently exposed himself. I agree that his behaviour is weird, but since when has that been illegal? In this country we are famous for our eccentric behaviour.

Once again the police try to meet their targets and show how they tackle crime by going for the soft target. A gang of yobs can hang around outside a care home for people with learning disabilities, vandalising cars and property, abusing staff and residents, breaking into the property and threatening bodily harm. Police aren't interested. Yet wear a nappy on the street or answer the door in a bikini and the police are there in a flash, protecting that thin blue line.

Comment

CUKers getting everywhere.

Is this anything to do with you Zeit?
        http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050816/80/fpquu.html

Mysterious reptile eludes capture in L.A. park

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A mysterious, alligator-like creature that surfaced in a Los Angeles suburb has eluded capture for nearly a week, shrewdly passing up raw chicken bait and dodging reptile wranglers in pontoon boats.

The 5-foot-long (1.5 metre) reptile was first spotted last Wednesday swimming in a lake at an urban park in the gritty Los Angeles suburb of Harbour City.

Park officials concluded that it was probably a Caiman, a relative of the alligator indigenous to South America, and speculate that it may have been an exotic pet that was abandoned when it grew too large.

As word of the odd sighting spread, hundreds of spectators have turned up to watch crews of police, firefighters, park rangers, state fish and wildlife workers and even local herpetologists comb the 53-acre (21 hectare) lake in pontoon boats, carrying nets and dangling raw chicken over the side.

Park officials are planning to take the reptile to the LA zoo when they capture it but all efforts so far to nab the creature have failed, despite claims by a local fisherman that he briefly ensnared it in a net by using flour tortillas as bait.

"They're very fast, you can't believe how fast these animals are," Jarron Lucas of the Southwestern Herpetologist Society told local KABC-TV.

"Everybody's got their roll of electrical tape," he said. "If I'm on top of him the next person who runs up on top of me can quickly secure his mouth. If that happens here, you'll see everybody dog pile right on top of him."

I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

"Everybody's got their roll of electrical tape," he said. "If I'm on top of him the next person who runs up on top of me can quickly secure his mouth. If that happens here, you'll see everybody dog pile right on top of him."
          That sounds more like WageSlave to me...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
            That sounds more like WageSlave to me...
            Hey, I was young, it was just one party and it seemed like a good idea at the time. How was I to know the goose would explode and the midget was related to the mayor!?

Comment

Working...
            X