• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What IT and software can do for big business profits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    have - where on earth did you learn English?
    In a decent traditional three Rs and plenty canings state school where I got an A in O level Eng Lang. Twas a long time ago though and I'm very lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      Fixing crap SAP implementations
      Exactly, it'll cost them an even bigger fortune to unwind everything, toot toot, all aboard

I have heard SAP works rather well but the dumb clients insist on trying to convert it back into their legacy system by hacking it to death.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
        Exactly, it'll cost them an even bigger fortune to unwind everything, toot toot, all aboard
        I would be available for a small fee unfortunately I'm up to my neck in the merde trying to stop similar happening at current client.

I have heard SAP works rather well but the dumb clients insist on trying to convert it back into their legacy system by hacking it to death.
        Any chance you can make the screen green and get rid of that annoying mouse thingy. Also, my old transaction names don't work, I'm pressing all the function keys and nothing happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          I would be available for a small fee unfortunately I'm up to my neck in the merde trying to stop similar happening at current client.

Any chance you can make the screen green and get rid of that annoying mouse thingy. Also, my old transaction names don't work, I'm pressing all the function keys and nothing happens.
          Just had 15 months of that from a PM perspective with multiple ERP's (don't ask) a sizable percentage of my time was spent preventing pointless bespoking which would have knobbled the core functionality and upgrade/service patch paths.

Simply because it's the way a client has always done it doesn't mean that it's the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Perhaps Milan could be your man after all !? I seem to remember an old thread where he mentioned he was keeping some of the tapes marked 'Green Screen' just incase.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              Just had 15 months of that from a PM perspective with multiple ERP's (don't ask) a sizable percentage of my time was spent preventing pointless bespoking which would have knobbled the core functionality and upgrade/service patch paths.
              Multiple ERPs - big Co, deep pockets - toot toot !

preventing pointless bespoking - you are a traitor Sir !

Comment

what is it with clients who buy an off the shelf package and then bespoke it 99% to different needs?

I've seen this too many times.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  what is it with clients who buy an off the shelf package and then bespoke it 99% to different needs?

I've seen this too many times.

Permie politics - you can lead a horse to water, but if it won't drink, just take the cash

Comment

Working...
                  X