• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Federer/Nadal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's truly the greatest tennis match I've ever seen.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

It will be talked about in 20 years time and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
        Best game I have ever seen. So close.. both players showing the ability to come back at vital stages. And the quality was simply outstanding
        I completely agree with you. I've never seen anything like it. We've witnessed history tonight, one of (if not the) best finals on record.

I wonder if Nadal can do it again next year. Next one for Federer to take is Roland Garros, he'd love that! They were so respectful towards each other too.

Comment

A cracking final and what a nice touch at the end where he climbed up to hug his family and then take the Spanish flag to the Spanish princess (what a hottie !) and prince.

What a great summer it has been for Spanish sport .. won the European football cup and now a spaniard winning Wimbledon for the first time !!!

Comment

Vamos Rafa!!!

What a match!

One of THE most exciting matches I've seen in ages, tennis at its best!

Adios Federer, bienvenido Rafa!

One extra thing tigger Tim needs to be deleted from any further commentary.
            That boy go raaaaaaa
            Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Federer defending the match points was incredible, he is a true champion even if he's lost tonight

Comment

What's been happening? I was having a late sunday afternoon nap between 8 and 10.

OH in "Englishmen now abed shall think themselves accursed they were not here and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who watched the 2008 tennis final" mode

(Henry V speech before battle of Agincentrecourt)
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  What's been happening? I was having a late sunday afternoon nap between 8 and 10.

OH in "Englishmen now abed shall think themselves accursed they were not here and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who watched the 2008 tennis final" mode

(Henry V speech before battle of Agincentrecourt)
                  If it were a boxing match it could be described as Federer being repeatedly knocked to the canvass and repeatedly coming back for more, often making inspired comebacks on points when it mattered. Again and again he was on his arse - and almost looked out of it - but again the true champion that he is would come back and level the match. He never looked like he could win, but you always thought there was a possibility that he might triumph through experience or stamina, if he could just get ahead somehow despite the constant battering, or that the challenger would grow weary of the man who refuses to stay down. But the champ was to loose and relinquish the crown after having climbed mount improbable and having suffered those terrible injuries for nought.

Miss the F1 racing too? Now that really was exciting.

Comment

How come we had a French nasal twot of an umpire?.... English Game in England should have an English ref

All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club don't include johnny bloody foreigners in my book

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurBigot View Post
                      How come we had a French nasal twot of an umpire?.... English Game in England should have an English ref

All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club don't include johnny bloody foreigners in my book
                      And they kept using French words throughout the match. Speaking of which, the scoring is weird/French too. First of all it goes up in units of 15, for no apparent good Anglo Saxon reason. And just as you're getting used to that, it starts going up in 10's At which point they start using French words again.

Comment

Working...
                      X