• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New York trip

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I got ID'd at the weekend but I think the barman was just taking the piss

My sis always gets ID'd for cigs and she is 27
    I been ID'd for ciggies in NYC (A few times). I was 30 something at the time!!!!
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      I been ID'd for ciggies in NYC (A few times). I was 30 something at the time!!!!
      Crikey - guess I will be carrying my passport around with me
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        Crikey - guess I will be carrying my passport around with me
        Smoking stunts your growth...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Smoking stunts your growth...
          I don't smoke.... yuk!!

But I'd hate to not to be able to get a pint cos the barman was being pedantic - heavens above... God forbid I might miss out on a drink
          Bazza gets caught

Comment

I'm off there for 8 days in 3 weeks time. I'm going with my 18 year old twin daughters and my 8 year old daughter. Wife not coming as she's left me since we booked it

I was expecting a busy time, even more so now.

Any suggestions for good place to take the 8 year old that may give a break from the obvious hectic nature of such a trip.
            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by ControlG View Post
              I'm off there for 8 days in 3 weeks time. I'm going with my 18 year old twin daughters and my 8 year old daughter. Wife not coming as she's left me since we booked it

Any suggestions for good place to take the 8 year old that may give a break from the obvious hectic nature of such a trip.
              Central park is always nice.

If you want to drive then a couple of hours away is 6 flags - rides/water park which is fun. Coney island is a bit cheesy but worth a visit. The Metropolitan is a great museum (Huge!!)

It's not a particularly kid friendly city - struggling to really think of things to do for kids there to be honest.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Have a look at this one for eating - good fun

http://www.mars2112.com/

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  It's not a particularly kid friendly city - struggling to really think of things to do for kids there to be honest.
                  I was worried a bit about this when we booked it. It was planned to be the last family holiday before the eldest two went to university and New York was somewhere they'd always wanted to go.

Going on my own with the kids tends to put a different perspective on it now. I was expecting a busy time, now it'll be even busier.

Eldest two can't wait to 'hit the shops'
                  "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I was worried a bit about this when we booked it. It was planned to be the last family holiday before the eldest two went to university and New York was somewhere they'd always wanted to go.

Going on my own with the kids tends to put a different perspective on it now. I was expecting a busy time, now it'll be even busier.

You will be grand they'll be loving spending time with their Dad and I bet ye will all have a blast.
                    Bazza gets caught

Comment

You could combine the two - drive to 6 flags in new jersey, stop at some of the outlet stores in New Jersey (NO sales tax in new jersey) - some of them are huge. Can look some up if you're interested.

Shopping generally take them to century 21 - designer stuff with massive reductions - all just chucked together. Every guys nightmare, but women love it as the rummage through big buckets of stuff for designer gear at bargain prices.

Or generally - soho is great, or the big dept stores - macys, saks, bloomingdales etc. 5th avenue if you've got series wads of cash burnign a hole in your pocket - china town for knock off gear.

Comment

Working...
                      X