• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New York trip

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    You will be grand they'll be loving spending time with their Dad and I bet ye will all have a blast.
    Thanks CM - I'm sure we will have a great time. The eldest two still live with me and I have the youngest 3/4 nights a week so we spending lots of time at the moment planning what we're going to do.

Youngest has heard that the world's biggest Toys R Us is in Times Square so she wants to go there

My main worry with her is the amount of walking we'll do. I need to plan carefully.
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by ControlG View Post
      Any suggestions for good place to take the 8 year old that may give a break from the obvious hectic nature of such a trip.
      Central Park and zoo
      FAO Schwartz (you can play on the big floor piano from the movie Big)
      Toys R Us Times Sq (has a full size ferris wheel inside)
      M&M World also in Times Sq
      Battery Park City is a fantastic place for half an hour sit down

We've taken our sub-10-yr kids there, and they love it, especially the eating (try Cheyenne Diner on W 33rd - it was featured on that OJ ad from a few years ago "how do you like your eggs in the morning")
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
        Central Park and zoo
        FAO Schwartz (you can play on the big floor piano from the movie Big)
        Toys R Us Times Sq (has a full size ferris wheel inside)
        M&M World also in Times Sq
        Battery Park City is a fantastic place for half an hour sit down

We've taken our sub-10-yr kids there, and they love it, especially the eating (try Cheyenne Diner on W 33rd - it was featured on that OJ ad from a few years ago "how do you like your eggs in the morning")
        Many thanks. Noted all of these and passed them on to my eldest who are planning our trip. It's reassuring to hear that "sub-10 yr kids" enjoy it as well.
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
        X