• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm a tour guide...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a tour guide...

Giving some kid a tour later as he needed to visit a warehouse for his school career day or some such. Other place he was going to cancelled on him. His dad is a friend of the Directors of client co so pulled some strings.

I was volunteered to do the tour.

"Er...do I look like a tour guide" I say.

"His dad's also coming for the tour and is the MD of the agy you work through" Contract director says

"Where does he want to see" I say.

So some pre contract negotiation negotiations are in order I think.

Boomed?

So were you tempted to get on your IR35 high horse about direction and control?

Hector! Hector I've found one!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Hmm!

Congratulations on your promotion Sock
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        So were you tempted to get on your IR35 high horse about direction and control?

Hector! Hector I've found one!
        Nah. It was a request

I'm pretty IR35 safe here I think. Have a nice client who has e-mailed me saying I am expempt from xyz (training, reviews, working hours, holiday notifications etc) as I'm a contractor.

Sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
          Giving some kid a tour later as he needed to visit a warehouse for his school career day or some such. Other place he was going to cancelled on him. His dad is a friend of the Directors of client co so pulled some strings.
          Say hello to Milan from all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
            Say hello to Milan from all of us.
            Andyw

Comment

Working...
            X