• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

well done andy murray

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    You mean 'Of the British Isles" ?
    Obviously. My other point is a lot of racists use the "i'm not British" argument because they object to 2nd generation immmigrants being British. And anything that racists object to, I tend to think must be OK by default.
    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
      Obviously. My other point is a lot of racists use the "i'm not British" argument because they object to 2nd generation immmigrants being British. And anything that racists object to, I tend to think must be OK by default.
      So that would also include the Irish
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Bring back Tiger Tim. Lots of emotion and passion from him on the court.

I'd rather have a boorish strop showing a bit of dig in a game, than the wettest blanket ever to adorn a tennis court.

Comment

Originally posted by smiff View Post
          I'd rather have a boorish strop showing a bit of dig in a game, than the wettest blanket ever to adorn a tennis court.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Andy showed something on the court last night Tim never could (apart from the biceps), Tim was just too nice... Andy has the aggression required.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

So that would also include the Irish
              Technically, since part of Ireland is British. When I talk about British, I mean to refer to "inhabitant of the United Kingdom" (which is what it means as a technical term) rather than the geographical British isles.

When someone from Scotland (or any of the Home countries) tried to refute their Britishness, it's usually a sign of lack of noodle.

Comment

I am Scottish. I am also British. I am not anti-English, I never was... what happened was a little joke that went wrong.

It was the time of the 2006 World Cup and England were due to play Paraguay. Tim Henman and I were being interviewed and before we started the journalist asked Tim about England's chances in the World Cup and asked me who I would be supporting.

He was making the point that Scotland weren't there. I got the joke. I laughed. We did the interview and the last question was: "Who will you be supporting?" Remembering our previous banter, I just said: "Whoever England are playing, ha ha." I had a smile on my face.

It was obvious I was joking. It wasn't reported like that. They made up stories about me buying a Paraguay shirt, the whole thing was absolute nonsense.
                The above is a direct quote from Murray about the alleged anti-english incident. Not quite what some on here would try to have you believe but why let the facts get in the way of your bitterness?
                He is representing Britain and all true Brits of whatever nationality should get behind him. Those that don't are the ones with the racial prejudices worth worrying about.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Technically, since part of Ireland is British. When I talk about British, I mean to refer to "inhabitant of the United Kingdom" (which is what it means as a technical term) rather than the geographical British isles.

When someone from Scotland (or any of the Home countries) tried to refute their Britishness, it's usually a sign of lack of noodle.
                  Technically it's because Ireland is part of the 'British Isles' a non-political, geographical grouping of two biggish islands + lots of smaller ones off the Western seaboard of Europe.

The larger of the two islands suffered an invasion from the smaller Island by a tribe called the Scoti who practiced ethnic cleansing and established their own nation turning what was once a rather nice part of England into a bit of a tulip hole populated by whinging cross dressing Jocks.

No formal apology has ever been received from the Taoiseach for this monsterous act of agression, ergo the time is right to correct this historical anomaly. Namely all Scots to be forecably repatriated to Eire, Northern Ireland to cease to exist; any sane protestants currently residing in bog land not wanting to be part of a greater Eire are free to wander over to good old Blighty.
                  Furthermore all Celts in Cornwall are to be similarly removed so we can get on with surfing in peace... ditto the Welsh

Comment

Namely all Scots to be forecably repatriated to Eire, Northern Ireland to cease to exist; any sane protestants currently residing in bog land not wanting to be part of a greater Eire are free to wander over to good old Blighty.
                    Furthermore all Celts in Cornwall are to be similarly removed so we can get on with surfing in peace... ditto the Welsh
                    Not a very good troll, though, is it?

Comment

Not a very good troll, though, is it?

Comment

Working...
                      X