• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did you have a nice weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    The variable form (of both sides) has been most perplexing for this one day series.

Unfortunately England (for us natives) have had three days of "completely dire" whereas NZ have only had one.
    Actually it has panned out pretty much as expected imo

NZ is a far better one day side than England ,and England is a far better test side than NZ. Both sides just confirmed thier rankings in the various formats.

NZ should have won 4/5 if the umpires and rain hadnt had a brain fart in the 2nd match.

NZ also could have drawn the test series if they had been a little bit more mature in the second test, squandering a near 200 run first innings lead is an absolute shocker. But a drawn series wouldnt have reflected the strengths of the 2 sides.
    Last edited by tay; 30 June 2008, 08:43.

Comment

Waited for baby to arrive - now a week overdue. Bored of waiting now.

Mainly spent time eating and going for not too taxing bimbles around the park.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
        NZ is a far better one day side than England
        Which is why I find it so hard to believe that the one game Eng did win, they absolutely caned NZ.

It's seems Eng's one-day form is directly related to how bothered Pieterson is about keeping his wicket.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

Pineapple and hot curry then sex. worked for us! although when she got up in the morning, her Placenta ahd ruptured and we had to rush to hospital for C-Sec etc... that was a little scary.
          I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Spent most of it trying to dig out the roots of a large holly bush from the front garden being watched by an especially dim racing pidgeon that seems to have decided we are it's new owners.

It's been here a week now and shows no signs of wanting to leave or of being able to look after itself. We found it outside the back door yesterday in a torrential downpour, sitting in a puddle, soaking wet and apparently unable to work out that it should try and find somewhere dry to sit.

It's tame enough that it will happily let you pick it up but as soon as you try and get it to fly anywhere it just flaps back to the ground and sits there looking at you. It gives every impression of being far happier walking than flying.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Spent most of it trying to dig out the roots of a large holly bush from the front garden being watched by an especially dim racing pidgeon that seems to have decided we are it's new owners.

It's been here a week now and shows no signs of wanting to leave or of being able to look after itself. We found it outside the back door yesterday in a torrential downpour, sitting in a puddle, soaking wet and apparently unable to work out that it should try and find somewhere dry to sit.

It's tame enough that it will happily let you pick it up but as soon as you try and get it to fly anywhere it just flaps back to the ground and sits there looking at you. It gives every impression of being far happier walking than flying.
              Does it have a ring? I believe somebody from north of the Watford Gap will be able to help you trace it's owner if it does.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Little sister's wedding on Sat whilst simutaneously fielding calls about project issues ahead of tomorrow's disaster.

Time to stock up on canned goods folks. It's gonna be a bad 'un

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
                  Pineapple and hot curry then sex. worked for us! although when she got up in the morning, her Placenta ahd ruptured and we had to rush to hospital for C-Sec etc... that was a little scary.
                  Many methods have been tried...

Comment

Many methods have been tried...
                    Have you tried sticking a broom up her chuff and getting her to sweep the yard whilst she hangs out the washing?*

* MM does not endorse this misogynistic idea in any way and is not a doctor.

Comment

What is the maximum they go over? Is it induced at 42 weeks?

Comment

Working...
                      X