• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Co-Workers... what to do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
    Ok, sensible suggestions only please.

I have just been subjected to a barage of abuse from another contractor in the office, for no apparent reason, other than I appear to have been getting on his nerves for a couple of weeks (apparently, first I knew!).

He is trying to concentrate this morning, because the project he is working on is not going well, and he is under pressure. I have had a conversation across the office on 2 occasions and other than that I have been listening to some CDs I downloaded last night.

I have now moved out of the office into another one, because I feel so belittled by what he has just done. I emailed him, explained that I felt it was unfair, unprovoked, and unprofessional. He basically told me to go forth and multiply.

I have emailed ClientCo manager and agency (who he is also with) to raise a grievance; but really don't want to work somewhere where that is tolerated.

Anyone any thoughts?
    Here’s what you should have done: When he started his rant, you should have responded with 'my garden wall's not 4 feet high', then whilst he was confused, said ‘in Spain it was massive (gesture the height)’, in this state of confusion he would have been open to hypnosis and suggestibility and you could have made him dance about like a chicken to everyone's amusement.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
      Here’s what you should have done: When he started his rant, you should have responded with 'my garden wall's not 4 feet high', then whilst he was confused, said ‘in Spain it was massive (gesture the height)’, in this state of confusion he would have been open to hypnosis and suggestibility and you could have made him dance about like a chicken to everyone's amusement.

HTH.

WHS

Comment

I have just had an apology email from the chap concerned admitting that he was out of order.

I replied explaining I am not perfect either
        Sounds like the start of a beautiful relationship to be honest. Good luck mate for the future. It is going to be interesting how it works out for you guys.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
          Sounds like the start of a beautiful relationship to be honest. Good luck mate for the future. It is going to be interesting how it works out for you guys.

Could be, but I took my Tetley's away when I was in a huff earlier!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post

I can't see that doing that with someone who's seriously pissed off with you, is a great idea!
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
              I can't see that doing that with someone who's seriously pissed off with you, is a great idea!
              Hehe - true, wg.
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Ok, sensible suggestions only please.

I have just been subjected to a barage of abuse from another contractor in the office, for no apparent reason, other than I appear to have been getting on his nerves for a couple of weeks (apparently, first I knew!).

He is trying to concentrate this morning, because the project he is working on is not going well, and he is under pressure. I have had a conversation across the office on 2 occasions and other than that I have been listening to some CDs I downloaded last night.

I have now moved out of the office into another one, because I feel so belittled by what he has just done. I emailed him, explained that I felt it was unfair, unprovoked, and unprofessional. He basically told me to go forth and multiply.

I have emailed ClientCo manager and agency (who he is also with) to raise a grievance; but really don't want to work somewhere where that is tolerated.

Anyone any thoughts?
                Ah, I get it... Very subtle post reference. Very good.

Co worker is a lazy twat....
                http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...lazy-twat.html

Comment

I am currently torn between staying professional and seeing what happens, and just going back up there and telling him exactly what I (and most other people as far as I can tell) think of his code!!

Opting with the staying professional element at the moment, to avoid a bench period.
                  Berate him, his family, his foibles, his dog anything - but IF you cast aspersions on the worthiness of his code - you are asking for a full scale WAR - be warned.

Comment

Working...
                  X