• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Effing Contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read EOs post before this one - until I checked the dates, I though DA was taking the piss out of EO...
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Conts Vs Pimps

DA seems to be a reformed character these days!
      Anyway, for the conts amongst the contractors, think about before you embark on your high horse that you shouldn't harm your clients' interests in any pursuit of your own, in other words 'don't cut your nose to spite your face'.
      For the pimps amongst the agents, I'd say DA has got it spot on. Short-termism (financial interest) should not override long-term potential (in both client and cont).
      I would definitely not have gone back though for some idiot that has done me wrong, like in DA's case.
      I took once someone that (I thought) I knew who wanted to work direct - only to become his 'agent' in a sense that he wanted me to intervene in his contract disputes with HR and accounts. I don't mind the greedy conts that want to save whatever the agent cut is as long as they have the skills and can negotiate on their own. It's when 1st/2nd time conts doing it without having a clue about business that gets me.

Comment

Working...
      X