• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pointless meetings designed to irk contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because if it's a truly pointless meeting, it's unlikely that it will fall within the scope of the services a consultant is contracted to provide. Hence they usually aren't billable. If it's to listen to another consultant talk about an outsourcing that's nothing to do with you, it sounds like it's in that category.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
      Because if it's a truly pointless meeting, it's unlikely that it will fall within the scope of the services a consultant is contracted to provide. Hence they usually aren't billable. If it's to listen to another consultant talk about an outsourcing that's nothing to do with you, it sounds like it's in that category.
      On the client site, eating the client's biccies, listening to a client / client supplier talk rubbish = billable.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I've had very short term contracts where the only thing I do is go to meetings

Still it IS billable
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          On the client site, eating the client's biccies, listening to a client / client supplier talk rubbish = billable.
          Indeed...

Conversation in a downwards-travelling lift:

Me: "So, this picnic in St James' Park - I assume this is billable time?"

Chap-In-Charge: "Absolutely! It's an essential team-building exercise - bill for it."

(And a touch of on his part, too )

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Indeed...

Conversation in a downwards-travelling lift:

Me: "So, this picnic in St James' Park - I assume this is billable time?"

Chap-In-Charge: "Absolutely! It's an essential team-building exercise - bill for it."

(And a touch of on his part, too )
            Don't forget to drop him a bottle of his favourite stuff when you leave...

Churchill - In "It works wonders" mode!

Comment

Working...
            X