• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK summer drinks - location.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    For those of us not in the big smoke ones that are close to the tube would be great.
    The fancyapint reviews I link to above include a Google map on the page, which will help you get an idea - they also list nearest tube and mainline stations, with distances

Comment

Measurements in miles:

Anchor
      0.5 to London Bridge

The Banker
      0.4 to Mansion House

Bell & Crown
      0.5 to Gunnersbury, 0.4 to Kew

Bull's Head
      0.5 to Chiswick, 0.6 to Kew Bridge

Dirty Dick's
      0.2 to Liverpool Street

Dove
      0.4 to Ravenscourt Park

Market Porter
      0.3 to London Bridge, 0.5 to Borough

Marquess Tavern
      0.2 to Essex Road, 0.4 to Highbury & Islington

The Ship
      0.2 to Wandsworth Town

White Swan
      0.7 to Richmond

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        However - it is a great place to go out for drinks, and easy to get to by tube and train. Will look at the proximity to stations now.
        I call bull-tulip on that one. It is out in the burbs and a pain in the rear end to get home from at night. If you are serious about it being easy for everyone to get to, you would stick to zone 1.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
          I call bull-tulip on that one. It is out in the burbs and a pain in the rear end to get home from at night. If you are serious about it being easy for everyone to get to, you would stick to zone 1.
          Does this mean you will be going Tay ?
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Where do you live Tay? It's a bus/taxi ride home for me...
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I've not voted for it - but you can get a fast train from Richmond that'll get you into waterloo in 20 mins that goes just before midnight ...

BTW You coming?
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                Where do you live Tay? It's a bus/taxi ride home for me...
                Me too. Or a direct train if they still running

Comment

I see your point - if you live in N or E London - Richmond is on the fast line from Waterloo (24min) and on the District Line, it is a little further out, but makes up for that by being, erm, nicer. I don't mind coming in to town though, heck, I'll be happy with any destination above.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                    I see your point - if you live in N or E London - Richmond is on the fast line from Waterloo (24min) and on the District Line, it is a little further out, but makes up for that by being, erm, nicer. I don't mind coming in to town though, heck, I'll be happy with any destination above.
                    Thanks for all the work you are doing on this RH.

Have a cuddle

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                      I've not voted for it - but you can get a fast train from Richmond that'll get you into waterloo in 20 mins that goes just before midnight ...

BTW You coming?
                      Depends where it is.

I live in SE London, near Dulwich Village. Even 20 min is a pain as some people have to then travel on.

I dont care where you go, will make my decision easier, just dont want people from out of town being sold a pile of crap just so RH is close to his bed.

Comment

Working...
                      X