• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More sound xoggoth science - how to defeat speed cameras

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An even better way

I am selling Japaneese number plates to anyone interested , let them try deciphering them and then calling the registry here to find out who they belong too.

Prices start at 10000 Yen
    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Tuned to vascar
      Unfortunately, Vascar is done by human eye and the push of an electronic button. Impossible to fool.

But with a Gatso, all you need is a radar detector that activates black pixels on an lcd cover over your plates - then you're home and dry.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
        After the usual extensive research I have come up with a foolproof plan.

Film in these cameras is cheap and not very discriminating as regards colour. Therefore, if you go through them at 45.6% the speed of light the consequent doppler shift will ensure that they are unable to distinguish the yellow or white surround from the black numbers on your number plate.
        Reading this thread and xog's other about the skinny dippers I was struck, or cross-fertilized if you like, by an idea for another foolproof camera-dodging scheme: buttock-shaped number plates.

I'm not suggesting a camera could be embarrased or anything, but perhaps the cheek angle might deflect enough light to make the plate unreadable by machine even though it would pass the DoT legibility tests.

Also, "buttock plates" as I call them would discourage tail gaters, as no one wants to drive up someone else's arse.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

You speak for yourself hoot. Personally I always get turned on by putting back those supermarket trolleys that you stack by shoving into the back of the other ones. No wonder they can get away with paying supermarket workers so little with fringe benefits like that.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
          X