• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wimbledon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    You could not be more wrong.

What is interesting about it these days? The fact we have no English player capible of winning it, or the fact the bookies stop offering bets on Federer after round 1?

I'm willing to be converted
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      What is interesting about it these days? The fact we have no English player capible of winning it, or the fact the bookies stop offering bets on Federer after round 1?

I'm willing to be converted
      You clearly know nowt about tennis. Do you play?
      Federer is the most complete tennis player ever bar none.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        What is interesting about it these days? The fact we have no English player capible of winning it,
        That makes you sound like a bandwagon fan, i.e. only interested if there is an Englishman that could win. Big rugby supporter during the last world cup no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          You clearly know nowt about tennis. Do you play?
          Federer is the most complete tennis player ever bar none.
          Yes, great player, I just think the tournament has become predictable. One of two people will win it. It's only interesting when they play each other.

That makes you sound like a bandwagon fan, i.e. only interested if there is an Englishman that could win. Big rugby supporter during the last world cup no doubt
          Not a fan of Bugery
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Oh and Manchester U "fan". Bet he supports Holland in the Euro
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Federer versus Borg versus Agassi versus McEnroe

Federer or Nedal versus old timers like Borg, Agassi, McEnroe. All in their prime.

Would the old timers stand any chance?

Comment

I hated it when it used to interrupt the cricket....thank you Mr Murdoch
                Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  Federer or Nedal versus old timers like Borg, Agassi, McEnroe. All in their prime.

No.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Was that meant for me, Xeno or Hairy Arse Bloke?

I don't want any confusion in this!
                    There's enough for all of you
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

Of course they would. The difference nowadays is the power of the rackets and the physique of the players. greats like Laver, Rosewall, Emmerson, Borg, Mcenroe, Newcombe would have adapted to todays requirements. Rugby players on the other hand were just too short to compete with todays Orcs
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X