• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Earliest childhood memory

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tensai View Post
    I remember hardly anything from my childhood, even during primary school and later, it's highly annoying. Everyone else seems to recall loads. I suspect the late-teens boozing may have killed off a few too many brain cells....
    I've good news and bad news about these.The bad news is that they say your school years are the happiest days of your life. The good news is that fortunately that is not true.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
      The first thing I remember was sitting on a potty playing with a big tube.
      And it seems like only yesterday

Comment

I lived in Cyprus when I was 3, and I have a vague memory of the house and particularly the shutters on the windows.

But I have no memory at all of the country being invaded by the turks and being evacuated. Shutters obviously much more memorable than war.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Chasing a boy around at nursery school, slipping over on the shiny wooden floor and landing on a bracket that was holding up the playpen. It cut my backside - I still have the scar. I was too embarassed to tell anyone so I didn't go to hospital until my mother took me home and saw it.

I think I was about 3 or 4.

Chasing boys - it's always going to end in disaster.

Comment

I'm not sure if I remember my earliest memory, or whether I remember remembering my earliest memory.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I remember a couple of things pre school

Learning to read is a funny memory - i remember being annoyed at a book for having a character named Anne, who was easily confused with the word "an". Too many "An"s!!

Earliest memory is sitting on the seat attachement for the pram (younger brother would have been in the pram itself) I must have been 3 at most
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                Chasing a boy around at nursery school, slipping over on the shiny wooden floor and landing on a bracket that was holding up the playpen. It cut my backside - I still have the scar. I was too embarassed to tell anyone so I didn't go to hospital until my mother took me home and saw it.

I think I was about 3 or 4.

Chasing boys - it's always going to end in disaster.
                "My old man used to say, before he left this world, never chase buses or women. You always get left behind."
                -- "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man"

Comment

Remember riding on the back of my brother's motorcycle around our orchard - must have been 2 or 3. Also have vague memories of the house we lived in then.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                    must have been 2 or 3.
                    I don't think I can remember much before 5

Comment

Originally posted by Tensai View Post
                      I remember hardly anything from my childhood, even during primary school and later, it's highly annoying. Everyone else seems to recall loads. I suspect the late-teens boozing may have killed off a few too many brain cells....

Yeh me too. Except the ladybird invasion of '76. Damn those ladybirds.
                      Bored.

Comment

Working...
                      X