• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fuel Strikes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I always go for a pump on the filler cap side, because the long hoses aren't long enough if your car is a proper three-box saloon with a boot - the hose rubs the dirt off the boot, and the nozzle can only be got into the filler by holding it upside down.

It's probably OK if you've got one of those little hatchback things that girls drive, though.
    It works with large saloon cars, and you dont have to have the nossle upside down unless you park miles away or have a gargantuan car. I did it yesterday in a mondeo sized car when there were long queues but empty pumps.

Peoplesoft it doesn't matter if I was wrong about most foreign cars having the pump on the drivers side, many do, but the point I was making is there is no need to queue for ages for a pump on the filler side.

I was trying to be helpful, but at times like this I wonder, why do I bother with this anally retentive site?
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I always go for a pump on the filler cap side, because the long hoses aren't long enough if your car is a proper three-box saloon with a boot - the hose rubs the dirt off the boot, and the nozzle can only be got into the filler by holding it upside down.

It's probably OK if you've got one of those little hatchback things that girls drive, though.
      Or a Jag like mine, with the cap on the top surface of the boot.

Driving with about a thimble full of petrol left yesterday, and panicking about others panicking in cheap garages further afield, I filled the brute to the brim in the most expensive garage in the country, in Chelsea (£1.40 a litre), and ended up forking out £95
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        I disagree with almost everything you post. You know **** all about anything. To make matters worse, you try and sound authoritative which makes you out to be an even bigger tit when you're proven wrong.

Next question.

United fan TBH. There are none worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          It works with large saloon cars, and you dont have to have the nossle upside down unless you park miles away or have a gargantuan car. I did it yesterday in a mondeo sized car when there were long queues but empty pumps.

Peoplesoft it doesn't matter if I was wrong about most foreign cars having the pump on the drivers side, many do, but the point I was making is there is no need to queue for ages for a pump on the filler side.

I was trying to be helpful, but at times like this I wonder, why do I bother with this anally retentive site?
          Doesn't work with an Orion, at least not at Sainsbury's

Comment

The bad news is I've just bought the farm down the road...
            Will you move your local pikeys to there?

Comment

I disagree with almost everything you post. You know **** all about anything. To make matters worse, you try and sound authoritative which makes you out to be an even bigger tit when you're proven wrong.

Next question.
              I do wish you woulod not be so obtuse - why not say what you think?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I do wish you woulod not be so obtuse - why not say what you think?
                Obtuse? Did you mean 'obscure'?
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                  Obtuse? Did you mean 'obscure'?
                  http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/obtuse

2. not sharp, acute, or pointed; blunt in form.

I just want Churchill to say what he thinks!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/obtuse

2. not sharp, acute, or pointed; blunt in form.

I just want Churchill to say what he thinks!
                    So you want him to be all pointy like a needle?

I still think you have the wrong word.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                      So you want him to be all pointy like a needle?

I still think you have the wrong word.
                      What is the right word for Churchill?

Comment

Working...
                      X