• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

senior tory resignation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Oh yeah, Tony McNulty is a boorish twat. Didn't he used to be in the Carry On films? "

and his glasses are far to small for his big fat head
    Last edited by BoredBloke; 13 June 2008, 09:18.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
      Wrong.

Trevor Kavanagh, political editor of the Sun until recently, is/was possibly the most influential political journalist in the country. The Sun has 4m readers, many swing voters. Its political editor can literaly win general elections.

http://www.davidrowan.com/2005/01/in...n-evening.html
      This is a common misconception. There is very little empirical evidence on this, and most social commentators agree that newspapers can only really set the agenda: most people can (and do) think for themselves when it comes to the ballot.
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
        This is a common misconception. There is very little empirical evidence on this, and most social commentators agree that newspapers can only really set the agenda: most people can (and do) think for themselves when it comes to the ballot.
        I wish I had your faith but the last 5 elections were won by whichever party the Sun was supporting.

Comment

Originally posted by zathras View Post
          I wish I had your faith but the last 5 elections were won by whichever party the Sun was supporting.
          The Sun and the Mirror are pure propaganda, very clever though all the same.
          Article about Jade Goody/Jordan/Amy Winehouse or some other pathetic celeb, next to a commentary on why GB is, or, is not a hero. So even the politically unaware become politically opinionated, at a basic soundbite level.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by zathras View Post
            Its easier to pick the winner of the national in the final furlong than at the start of the race. Just because they side with the winners doesn't make them the reason that they won.
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I never thought I'd end up supporting a right-wing Tory, but this issue to me is at the root of our free (-ish) society. Call me foolish if you like, but I've joined the David Davis-Fight For Freedom group on Facebook.

Phew, after all that hard work, time for a cup of tea
              Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Working...
              X