• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top Secret Terror Files Left On Train

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marina View Post
    Once the cops/spooks get an idea into their heads, it's often very difficult if not impossible to get it out again!

cops/spooks/ DWP / HMRC
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
      No doubt on full pay with an early retirement package in the post.
      Newspeak 2008:

"I take full responsibiliy"
      =
      I utter the words "I take full responsibility", then lofe goes on as before.

Comment

It's not surprising though. I regularly see people sitting next to me on my daily commute reading things they certainly wouldn't want to leave lying around - it's hard not to when they are practically waving them in your face. In the last few months I've certainly seen:

- lawyers reading divorce papers, conveyancing stuff
        - medics reading case notes (cancer)
        - CVs
        - council / local authority stuff

etc. etc.

Comment

I wonder how long the BBC sat on this story before releasing it?

Also, why didnt the person who found it take it straight to the police?

Instead, that person gave it to the BBC who then electronically copied the documents, which in turn now makes them part of the problem.

Yes the numpty who lost the documents should be taken behind the nearest bike shed and given a bloody good beating...but so too should the person who found them (for not handing documents to the police) and the beeb for copying the documents.

Mailman

Comment

I'm not ruling out it wasn't left there by 'accident', but is there any person or organization in the UK that is not inept these days? Answers on a postage stamp.

Comment

So if, say, the person that has the documents then scans them to a PDF and puts them in the public domain...and I download it to have a look. Am I guilty of something?
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                So if, say, the person that has the documents then scans them to a PDF and puts them in the public domain...and I download it to have a look. Am I guilty of something?
                Yes.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                  They can not put them in the public domain. They can publish them, but they remain secret, not in the public domain.

And you are then guilty if you download it. Actually in the special case of the OS acts, you are guilty if you prepare for committing the offence, which it sounds to me like you are doing ......

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    And you are then guilty if you download it.
                    And then you'll get banged up for 42 days....

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      Consider the classification of clearance...
                      WTF are you talking about?
                      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                      X