• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reasons for Failing to get SC Cleared

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marina View Post
    Can't you use the Freedom of Information act to find the reason?

(Probably a silly question, I know )
    No, it's covered by the Official Secrets Act so exempt.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      No, it's covered by the Official Secrets Act so exempt.
      "How are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information?"

"I'm sorry, I can't talk about that."

-- Yes Minister, Party Games

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        They won't tell you. For one thing, it's classified information and by definition you are not cleared to see it . For another, it may give away just how much they do know and what their sources are like. They might want to leave you alone in the hope of trapping some more important people. And finally, although not that likely, it might be becuase they don't want you to tip the rest of the cell that they've been rumbled.
        Right, but doesn't that rather assume MikeyBoy is fairly high up in Al Qaeda, or on the IRA army council?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          or on the IRA army council?
          If he was, he'd be meeting with our chaps on a regular basis for tea and crumpets.

All the way through the troubles the lines of communication are/were kept open.

Comment

Right, but doesn't that rather assume MikeyBoy is fairly high up in Al Qaeda, or on the IRA army council?
            Irony's lost on some, isn't it...
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Who cares about them! The real enemy is non-labour voters.

Comment

Hi all,

I finally received a letter from the MOJ today. The reason I failed to get SC cleared is.......wait for it.....................it's coming...............

A recent SP30 speeding offence that is indicitave of, to quote the letter "a reckless and irresponsible nature that did not reflect the values needed for government work". So if any of u are coming up for renewal, keep your eye on the speedo!

How ludicrous is this though! I've finally got another non-public sector contract so not too bitter but I find this truly amazing / scary / annoying / hilarious.

Thanks all for your ideas anyway. Bye 'til the next time!

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyboy1970 View Post
                  "a reckless and irresponsible nature that did not reflect the values needed for government work"
                  I do public sector contract work. I've been doing it for over a decade, on and off.

The reason I keep winning contracts is because instead of behaving like a civil servant, I tend to demonstrate a seemingly reckless and almost irresponsible nature that does not reflect the values that holds back government work.

Ain't life a confusing bitch?
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyboy1970 View Post
                    A recent SP30 speeding offence that is indicitave of,
                    So you were sarky to the officer who gave you the ticket, or when you had to attend for the showwer?
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Who cares about them! The real enemy is non-labour voters.
                      Correctomundo!
                      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X