• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Road tax - "green tax" rise for older cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Ah a sister car. Perhaps I paid over the odds for a Toyota badge seeing as they're made in the same factory. Like my local Toyota dealer though.
    girls

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Indeed. Sometimes I almost make myself faint...
      Debugging someone else's code is like sniffing someone else's farts. You don't mind so much if it's your own.
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Ah a sister car. Perhaps I paid over the odds for a Toyota badge seeing as they're made in the same factory. Like my local Toyota dealer though.
        I've always wanted a Citroen myself. Although it was this one I really wanted, and I ended up with this one. Still, it's a start I suppose.

Comment

big fifteen fan eh?

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            One of my mates who hasn't got a pot to piss in is going to have to fork out £210 for a Renault Scenic 1.4!
            My partner is the same, not much income and a Ford Focus 1.4, no status-seeking gas-guzzler. Road tax going up to over 200, then to 400. And no, she can't sell it, not now, nobody will buy it with these taxes on it. Hhe has been robbed by New Labour and takes a number for the queue not to vote for them again. the number is high, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
              big fifteen fan eh?
              Always wanted one, never quite been in the position to go for it. It'll happen one day. Probably the day after oil runs out or something.

Comment

My Orion was registered in 1989. Doesn't seem as if this will affect me

Only seven more years till I don't have to tax it at all, if they don't change the rules

UPDATE: ah heck, they already have - the twenty-five year exemption no longer exists
                Last edited by NickFitz; 4 June 2008, 19:23.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  UPDATE: ah heck, they already have - the twenty-five year exemption no longer exists
                  Looks like the onion will have to go then.
                  Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
                    Looks like the onion will have to go then.

No chance...

Comment

Typical of Browny. He's bailed out Northern Rock, Got screwed over 10p tax and now he needs to recoup the cash from somewhere......??? Now where could that come from???

Of course I'll screw the average motorist even more than they are already and what reason can I use??? Oh yes the perfect topic at the moment GREEN. I'm sick and tired of all this green bul****t absolute crap... he just a theiving Bar stuard.. Roll on genarl election so we can get rid of this default prime miniter and all his cronies..

Comment

Working...
                      X