• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scientists sign petition denying man-made global warming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I hope the good Bishop is aware that much climate change data is obtained from ice cores dating back more than 4000 years - i.e. before the Earth was even formed
    Very good.

Comment

I hope the good Bishop is aware that much climate change data is obtained from ice cores dating back more than 4000 years - i.e. before the Earth was even formed
      How do you know they were formed 4000 years ago?

And biblical fundamentalists believe earth is 6000 years old. Not that there are many of those about these days - the mainstream church disagrees with them.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        How do you know they were formed 4000 years ago?

And biblical fundamentalists believe earth is 6000 years old. Not that there are many of those about these days - the mainstream church disagrees with them.
        Okay, 6000 - I did say more than 4000 There are plenty of fundamentalists in America though (GB for instance).

Are British Bishops at odds with fundamentalist views too?
        Last edited by TimberWolf; 3 June 2008, 09:50.

Comment

Okay, 6000 - I did say more than 4000 There are plenty of fundamentalists in America though (GW for instance).

Are British Bishops at odds with fundamentalist views too?
          Are you trying to bash the British Bishops?

<pedant mode>
          more than 4000 is 4001, 4002, ..., 5999. All less than 6000
          </pedant mode>

<fundamentalist mode>
          The great flood would mess up any dating methods
          </fundamentalist mode>

<chico mode>
          Not every bit of the bible is to be taken literally. Particularly parts of the old testament + revelation. There are songs, stories sometimes giving a sense of what happened.
          I wonder how many bishops believe the bible creation is literal?
          </chico mode>

Comment

Are you trying to bash the British Bishops?

<pedant mode>
            more than 4000 is 4001, 4002, ..., 5999. All less than 6000
            </pedant mode>
            Yep, and still out by a factor of 800,000.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Shut it, twunt. Your contribution to this discussion is equivalent to a noxious but not very powerful fart.

Mrs Palmer not putting out any more guru?

Mailman

Comment

Yep, and still out by a factor of 800,000.
                That is the current thinking by experts. How long before it changes again?

Comment

That is the current thinking by experts. How long before it changes again?
                  When they discover dinosaur bones buried in young rock. That would confuse 'em, until they discover they are really cow bones planted by creationists.

Comment

Working...
                  X