• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benched or Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading rapidly towards the bench - I arrive there tomorrow afternoon!

Not bothered though... there's load of work out there (except for all that boring financial stuff in the City, which seems to be melting away), so I'm just chilling for a bit before I take up my next gig

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
      I don't think you've quite grasped it yet !
      Yes, a true contractor who gives an estimate. Sets a price. Does the job and then hopes for payment. Oddly. The longest I have had to wait is with the last agency who have yet to pay me. It took ME to phone them and find out that the f&(&(*& timesheet was illegible on their end. And I'm still waiting...

My other clients pay within 10 days. I just wish there were more of them.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Where's the new contract, same rate option? Cos that's where I am. More working at home means it does work out better, and it's a more interesting and challenging role which looks like running until the end of the year at least.

Only bad thing is I've been waiting 3 weeks since the end of the last one to get started.

So a partial boomed.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

20% on the bench and another 20% heading there fast... Eek! Must be getting rather cosy!
          It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Working...
          X