• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday Poetry Corner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have you still got shares in major oil companies then AJP? Looks like the current high price of oil is not enough to get the share price very high - cockups agogo for Shell, BP, Exxon etc...... not good.
    Chico, what time is it?

Comment

This guy is nothing but AjP. From the style I would say it's Sandy.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Es tu Francko ?

I shall say nothing then of the time I fell off my seat whilst pontificating with you in the heart of the glory which was called Rome , not to mention the night with the girls from Senegal and the car journey through the empty strrets of Rome in the morning past the Vatican on the way back to my ancient dwelling in Trastevere.

Know now it is indeed I AJP, for it is written

Alf will die
        Alf will rise
        Alf will come again

Comment

AlfredJPruffock: Are you "tired and emotional", there appears more than the normal spelling mistakes...

And: "Es tu"... hmm
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Sorry to have had doubts about it. Nice to have you back. Will send you an email in your inbox.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

The Call

Who's for the trench –
              Are you, my laddie?
              Who'll follow French –
              Will you, my laddie?
              Who's fretting to begin,
              Who's going out to win?
              And who wants to save his skin –
              Do you, my laddie?

Who's for the khaki suit –
              Are you, my laddie?
              Who longs to charge and shoot –
              Do you, my laddie?
              Who's keen on getting fit,
              Who means to show his grit,
              And who'd rather wait a bit –
              Would you, my laddie?

Who'll earn the Empire's thanks –
              Will you, my laddie?
              Who'll swell the victor's ranks –
              Will you, my laddie?
              When that procession comes,
              Banners and rolling drums –
              Who'll stand and bite his thumbs –
              Will you, my laddie?

Jessie Pope

Comment

The engineer's song? Gorillas? There we are! who said threaded was not really a genius? No zombies tho. A website is not quite a real website without zombies.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Odd you should mention that, but I fancy having a go at writing one of them flash games and I thought a zombie game would be fun.

Record girly in moments of passion for various sound effects.

Comment

Working...
                  X