• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Friday Poetry Corner"

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    Odd you should mention that, but I fancy having a go at writing one of them flash games and I thought a zombie game would be fun.

Record girly in moments of passion for various sound effects.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    The engineer's song? Gorillas? There we are! who said threaded was not really a genius? No zombies tho. A website is not quite a real website without zombies.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    The Call

Who's for the trench –
    Are you, my laddie?
    Who'll follow French –
    Will you, my laddie?
    Who's fretting to begin,
    Who's going out to win?
    And who wants to save his skin –
    Do you, my laddie?

Who's for the khaki suit –
    Are you, my laddie?
    Who longs to charge and shoot –
    Do you, my laddie?
    Who's keen on getting fit,
    Who means to show his grit,
    And who'd rather wait a bit –
    Would you, my laddie?

Who'll earn the Empire's thanks –
    Will you, my laddie?
    Who'll swell the victor's ranks –
    Will you, my laddie?
    When that procession comes,
    Banners and rolling drums –
    Who'll stand and bite his thumbs –
    Will you, my laddie?

Jessie Pope

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Sorry to have had doubts about it. Nice to have you back. Will send you an email in your inbox.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    AlfredJPruffock: Are you "tired and emotional", there appears more than the normal spelling mistakes...

And: "Es tu"... hmm

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Es tu Francko ?

I shall say nothing then of the time I fell off my seat whilst pontificating with you in the heart of the glory which was called Rome , not to mention the night with the girls from Senegal and the car journey through the empty strrets of Rome in the morning past the Vatican on the way back to my ancient dwelling in Trastevere.

Know now it is indeed I AJP, for it is written

Alf will die
    Alf will rise
    Alf will come again

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    This guy is nothing but AjP. From the style I would say it's Sandy.

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    have you still got shares in major oil companies then AJP? Looks like the current high price of oil is not enough to get the share price very high - cockups agogo for Shell, BP, Exxon etc...... not good.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by ALM
    It's obviously an imposter becuase there is a thread about the Iraq war as we speak. The real Alfy would have been all over it ... frothing at the mouth'n'all!
    Et tu doubting ALM?

Rest assured indeed it is I, AJP.

As you know I have spoke previously at great lengths of the folly of the Iraq confict, nothing reamains to be said on that issue.

Leave a comment:

• ALM
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Me thinks it's an imposter. Poetry is too good to be our Alf.
    It's obviously an imposter becuase there is a thread about the Iraq war as we speak. The real Alfy would have been all over it ... frothing at the mouth'n'all!

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    This board has been missing coherent liberal tree hugging atheist views.
    Just because everyone disagree with your naive views Chico, it doesn't make them athiests.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Me thinks it's an imposter. Poetry is too good to be our Alf.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Welcome Back My Friends to the Show that never Ends

I returned here
    Not to Die
    But to be Reborn

Away from this Wasteland
    So Battered and Torn

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Chico, we don't have to show off how religious we are. That's perhaps the only difference. But that doesn't mean we are atheists. And that doesn't make you more religious either.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Alfred welcome back my friend. This board has been missing coherent liberal tree hugging atheist views. Where have you been?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X