• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Manchester

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Just seen the pics and watched that video on the Sun website.

What happens in a football crowd that makes something click and they go mad?
    God only knows but it's bloody scary
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_behavior

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Never underestimate the effect of stupid people in large numbers.
        True, I found that out in my first and last permie role.

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        God only knows but it's bloody scary
        I would not have liked to have been caught up in the middle of that.
        That boy go raaaaaaa
        Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

My father (an ex amateur boxer) used to tell me dogs aren't difficult to deal with. I think he had to kill one once, though didn't go into details. Mind you as kids they used to punch off the tops of iron railing! Also told me a story about a man punching knocking out (and perhaps killing) a horse. Moral of the story: a boxer can hit jolly hard, and a wild dog on its own in wouldn't attack a man or stand much chance if it did.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            My father (an ex amateur boxer) used to tell me dogs aren't difficult to deal with. I think he had to kill one once, though didn't go into details. Mind you as kids they used to punch off the tops of iron railing! Also told me a story about a man punching knocking out (and perhaps killing) a horse. Moral of the story: a boxer can hit jolly hard, and a wild dog on its own in wouldn't attack a man or stand much chance if it did.
            After a few pints loads of people become "amateur boxers". I think the capability of joe average to take on a large german shepherd is not as high as you imply.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              railing! Also told me a story about a man punching knocking out (and perhaps killing) a horse.
              Yes we've seen Blazing saddles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_RKPGS2vwM
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                Yes we've seen Blazing saddles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_RKPGS2vwM

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  After a few pints loads of people become "amateur boxers". I think the capability of joe average to take on a large german shepherd is not as high as you imply.
                  True, not one for the average joe. I think the technique is to get down on one knee, and then presumably kill it with a single blow to the nose/head. Police dogs may be trained to harass rather than attack so I don't know whether this would work. A (sane) wild dog on its own wouldn't attack a man though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    The council have now cancelled plans for the Champions league final to be shown in the centre now.

I don't understand the logic here i.e. some Glasgow Rangers fans went on the rampage ergo United supporters are likely to do the same in their own town. FFS Punish the locals for the actions of misbehaving visitors!?
                    I heard that while I was driving home and thought that was totally wrong. I can't see why a load of Man U fans can't enjoy the game in their own city centre - Slough is a dump to start with!
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                      I heard that while I was driving home and thought that was totally wrong. I can't see why a load of Man U fans can't enjoy the game in their own city centre - Slough is a dump to start with!
                      I can't complain too much as I have a ticket, getting there is another thing
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X