• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do these idiots have a clue what they're doing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I'm not sure which amazes me more: the fact that people are surprised by politicians acting like a bunch of clueless idiots doing the first thing that comes to mind, or the fact that they imagine politicians from another party might do anything different.

All politicians are self-serving bastards who will say and do anything that might save their sorry arses come the next vote. The only difference between the Government and the Opposition is that the Opposition can indulge in pure fantasy and be praised for promising what you all want (i.e. the impossible), whilst the Government is stuck with trying to think of something that they might actually be able to do... but they can't think of anything that's worth doing, so they just try to say something that sounds good enough.

If the Tories win the next General Election, this board is going to be a hilarious place as you all bitch and whine about the fact that they're screwing you over in exactly the same way that the current lot are.

To quote Frank Zappa: "They just look after Number One, and Number One ain't you... you ain't even Number Two."

Pun, I have no doubt, intended
    I am with you 100% on this.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
      I am with you 100% on this.
      WHS

Comment

Are these changes to the thresholds for one year only?
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Yeah, one year then reversed.

Ah, but that means tax going up for poor people in an election year.......
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Panic button

It looks like total panic has set in and Gordon is facing a people's onslaught from his bunker at No 10.
            Enjoyed Paxman interviewing Darling last night who kept contradicting himself.
            Better still, Ken Clarke who was on the earlier news, said:
            'Gordon might as well stand at the back of a lorry and go round and throw fivers to the people at Crewe!'

Comment

It's stuff like this that convinces me we need a flat tax that politicians can't arse about with too much.
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
              X