• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phantom interview - advice needed !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

...... or web cam setup.
    Hmmm - I would have to devise some cunning backdrop to cover the chaos which is my 'Home Office'. Palm trees.?

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
      Lose a days pay for some speculative chance. Never! Telephone interviews are the way. Not had a F2F since 2002. Insist on it, especially if you're already in work. For poor sods who have to have f2f you can always do a pre-interview tele interview to sus whether it's worth wasting a day. If client won't do that, you're on to a loser.

PS: Invoice agency for lost earnings
      I had the telephone interview - this was the f2f second interview. Have already complained to the Agency via email and several calls - not a word back !

I'd love to say which Agency it was, but I'm afraid of being blackballed.

Comment

Originally posted by Smitfire View Post
        I had the telephone interview - this was the f2f second interview. Have already complained to the Agency via email and several calls - not a word back !

I'd love to say which Agency it was, but I'm afraid of being blackballed.
        How can you be blackballed when you are using a username that is not linked to your real name and when loads of people on here have to deal with agencies tricks?

The only thing that is likely to happen is that your post is removed so the best thing to do is give us a clue. In other words what does the agency name sound like?
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Even if your real name is Smitfire, you won't be blackballed. If an agent can make money out of you, all will soon be forgiven.

Chances are it'll be an agency most experienced contractors avoid.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I saw the topic heading and thought you were interviewing some guy in a purple lycra bodysuit, black leather boots and gloves and a black eye-mask.
            Last edited by Weltchy; 15 May 2008, 08:06.

Comment

I once sat through a full interview, got offered the gig, only to find out that the agency had sent me for a permie role..... (at £28k p.a. )
              Blood in your poo

Comment

have you spoken to the pimp about it? Has he/she contacted you to see how it went? I can't see how they would gain from sending you to an interview if they knew the interviewer was unavailable. Chances are that it was a negligent f*** up on the part of either the pimp or the client, or that the client didn't really have a role to advertised and for some reason was bullied into the interview by the pimp. Maybe some newbie sap in HR couldn't say no, so just hid in the bogs when you came round. V unprofessional, but really, what can you do? Invoice the pimp if you like, but don't hold your breath.

Comment

Working...
                X