• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thud thud thud thud thud thud

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    That's the noise of me banging my head on the desk...

What's so difficult about

RA0 EQU 0
    RA1 EQU 1

etc.?
    I give up.

Register equates ain't what they used to be?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

For x = 0 to x+1
      Print "RA"x" EQU "x;
      Next x

or something?

(I could do it in COBOL, but that would take a few more lines...)
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

"Assembly" has been hijacked!

What gets me is that Microsoft writes another layer of abstraction that is a runtime environment (.Net framework) that runs in the OS runtime environment (User-mode Windows), that runs on top of the Windows Kernel which talks to the HAL, that finally then runs on the hardware...

... and they call it an Assembly! How dare they!

Now the word is used to mean two complete opposites, and you watch the younger generation turning up for work-experience with no clue on the real meaning of 'Assembly'.

Never mind. I can fight back. Every meeting with the coders, I get to laugh each time someone says ".Net assembly". When they ask, I say, "If you don't get it, then don't worry!".
        When you encounter speed humps, sound your horn in protest.

Comment

Working...
        X