• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last day of being a contractor....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Well, I am on a project with a company called Jupiter....

Centrica ?

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
      Don't worry Wilmslow.

Mercury will fall out of it's orbit and this will impact both the orbit and rotation of Earth, causing the planet to break up in an extremely violent and horrifying end to our world. Fortunately the good would have been spared this end by dying one day earlier. The faltering orbit of Mercury is already being monitored by scientists but there is nothing that can be done to halt it.

It came to me in a dream.
      You are NickyG and I claim my 5 copies of "Old Moore's Almanac".

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        You are NickyG and I claim my 5 copies of "Old Moore's Almanac".
        Qui es Nicki G?

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
          I was forced to go perm 'for a while' 18 months ago. I still am perm. It used to be a dirty word, now it is the norm.

However, 2 factors are preventing me from going back - one is that the company is not a corporate setup like yours and is quite laid back and even 'fun' at times. The other is 4 week notice - a killer for getting out.

Still, I consider myself a contractor at heart and hope to be back soon!
          My company has a 3 month notice period!!!

Comment

No, the training never materialised, surprisingly

But that is part of the reason I'm still here also: still stuck with last century's technology on the cv. Ok I've studied plenty of .Net to get to the blagging point, now I need to get round to jacking in perm job for the return to contracting.

Still trying to see if it is worth it though, currently local contracts seem to be offering £25 to £30 an hour - less than I was on when I moved to perm.

No mortgage either, which perversly means I feel less compelled to go seeking the bucks as I don't need them. (Note: I'd still like them though).

Comment

Working...
            X