• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uh oh! I'm in trouble!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mailman View Post
    Oh well, school boy mistake on your part me old mucker!
    Good ol' MF makes a similar mistake annually.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      You sound like a bit of a prime-time wazzock to me.
      But thats just my opinion
      Oh no it isn't!

It's mine too!

Churchill - In "Panto" mode!

Comment

if you have been there less than a year you probably have no rights whatsoever, so say your goodbyeees

Comment

Its that sort of tulip that makes me 'kin glad to be a contractor.

idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            Jeez, you guys. As long as they sign the timesheets whatever they want is the most wonderful thing on earth! If it is really stupid, I'll tell them once, if they do it again, I'll send an email, on the third instance I work out how much I'll invoice fixing it.
            100% agreed - I feel a duty to politely point out based on my experience if I think something is not going to work, beyond that (and a written record that I did), the meter's running and it's their issue - the joy of being a contractor is that it doesn't matter if you work for people who have no idea what they are doing as long as they pay up.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              100% agreed - I feel a duty to politely point out based on my experience if I think something is not going to work, beyond that (and a written record that I did), the meter's running and it's their issue - the joy of being a contractor is that it doesn't matter if you work for people who have no idea what they are doing as long as they pay up.
              and thats the problem. As an ex-contractor I feel it's also my duty to point out when something isnt going to work or something is wrong. Problem is as the permie responsible for fixing issues later, it's also my problem with sorting it out when it doesnt work.

Problem here is, my boss is making bad decisions which will work for the first six months, then break and his view is, because the business didnt define the 6months+ bit then it's not his problem. Ive been here almost two years(1 as a contractor) and for gods sake I am presently having to consolidate and sort all of the bad decisions made my other people two years earlier. So I want to make sure that we dont make the same screw ups. Heres been there 3 months!

Needless to say, I tell him quite strongly when he makes a bad decision.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
                The real question here is are we living in a Stalinist state in business where you just follow like sheep and reconfirm others beliefs and hopefully you won't get shot ?
                Yup.

If you are a permie you have rights (even in the US I assume).
                Nope.

Comment

HR has told me it's cultural and effectively to shut up or find another job as the boss is always right in the US.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    HR has told me it's cultural and effectively to shut up or find another job as the boss is always right in the US.
                    Or try and be tactful.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Here's a suggestion.

Grow up and learn to communicate more effectively.

HTH.

Comment

Working...
                      X