• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uh oh! I'm in trouble!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I once muttered under my breath to a colleague to be careful about the wench opposite me as she was having some bad PMT. She overheard and ran off crying. Proving my point.

Boss seemed to be on my side!

Comment

If everyone went round being honest, life would be quite unpleasant.

As contractors, we are usually far cleverer than the permies - so we have to be extra polite and tactful.

Easier said than done - isn't stress suppressing the desire to throttle someone who desperately needs it?

Comment

MF, you are a legend.
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Cocked up yet again, eh MF? Why is no one surprised?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Where is Mordac, MF? I miss him.

Comment

Where in your terms does it say you are not allowed to do what you did?
              It'll be construed as misconduct. Should have been discussed one to one.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                New director has instigated a formal HR disicplinary procedure against me ...
                Just keep replying either (1) is it because I'm gay? or (2) is it because I'm black? to any HR questions and it will all go away.

Comment

Oh dear, looks like the skids are under him.

In the US he could have just fired me, but my contract is in the UK and HR have told me it's nothing to worry about.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

CUK's top feather ruffler is sacked once again, just why don't they get it?
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      New boss has come along and burst my bubble!

Oh well, it was only a matter of time. New director has instigated a formal HR disicplinary procedure against me for undermining him in front of another director by being unprofessional('I told him he didnt know what he was talking about') Which would have been fine if I hadnt done it in front of someone else.

He believes I have ruined my credibility. Which in fact isnt true as what I did was undermine his credibility, of which he actually has none as so many other people disagree with him(me included). But as I now work for the guy it means I must tow the line or ship out!

Whats the contracting market like at the moment?
                      How incredibly naive of you.

It is exactly this kind of manager who floats to the top. Everyone below him can see him for the hole in the backside he is, but all the people see from above his is pretty smiling face.

Its exactly this kind of manager that you have to keep close to yourself because he will drag you up with him!

Oh well, school boy mistake on your part me old mucker!

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                      X