• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Effects of IR35 and MSC Legislation on contractors & freelancers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Methinks some research into suitable questions is called for...

Bizarre, truely bizarre
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessika View Post
      Hi Everyone

As part of my course at university, I have to do a research project and I've centred mine around IR35 and Managed Service Companies Legislation. I've designed a survey with the main aim of finding out the effects of IR35 and Managed Service Companies Legislation on contractors and free lancers. I would appreciate it if you could take a few mins to complete the survey ( it's totally anonymous and there are no questions requesting your personal details like name,email,address etc). If interested here's the link to the survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...eVactPTQ_3d_3d
      I think you're starting from the wrong place. Umbrella, MSC and IR35 are mutually exclusive. If you understodd the market, you might then be able to ask more intelligent questions: I suggest you go away and read the First Timer contract guides on here and at www.pcg.org.uk so you get an insight into how the real world works.

In terms of impact, consider this: as a result of IR35 every contract negotiation requires all three parties to devote significant time, money and effort ensuring that the contract does not allow either the contractor to be given or the client to have to offer employment rights and conditions, which neither side has any desire for in the first place an dwould otherwise quite cheerfully ignore.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Jessika View Post
        Hi Everyone

As part of my course at university, I have to do a research project and I've centred mine around IR35 and Managed Service Companies Legislation. I've designed a survey with the main aim of finding out the effects of IR35 and Managed Service Companies Legislation on contractors and free lancers. I would appreciate it if you could take a few mins to complete the survey ( it's totally anonymous and there are no questions requesting your personal details like name,email,address etc). If interested here's the link to the survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...eVactPTQ_3d_3d
        Course you are luv, course you are.

Now forget your HND for a moment and show us your n***s!

Comment

The survey needs work. As has been observed - umbrella companies and MSC providers are different entities. This was the case before the government heard about them.

1/10 - try again.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            Course you are luv, course you are.

Now forget your HND for a moment and show us your n***s!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              1/10 - try again.
              Generous marking.
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
              X