• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global Warming - Have you had a rethink?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its the warm / wet age now. we had the ice age etc...

there is nothing that can be done, however, the earth will change and do what is needed to fix itself over the next many many years.

we could stop everything now, and it woudlnt change a thing. this just another way to tax us more.
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

I haven't had a rethink as I haven't made my mind up in the first place. Regardless of whether it's true or not, what I do will have very little impact.

I have a theory that a lot of it is due to farting from cows, so, I've decided to eat more steak as my contribution.

Oh yeah, my other half has a reusable shopping bag too. We all know plastic bags are evil, or something...
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I must admit I misunderstood what biodiesel was about, but now its clear, by using huge areas of agricultural land to grow diesel, effectively starves huge swathes of the human population to death, so reducing emissions.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Nigella Lawson !!

I'm so sorry to bring down this high brow thread about contemporary issues but,

my bed would be a rockin' if she came a knockin'

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            And if there's GW going on, how come it's so frigging cold... this is April and it feels like December.

It's just a lot of hot air.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              Deservedly so.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...esponsibility3

Although as DP says the premise, is that increased CO2 cause a rise in the average global temperature and this rise in temperature gives rise to extreme weather patterns (cold snaps, heatwaves, floods and wind) as there is more energy in a closed system.

The link between the two is somewhat foggy.
              I thought the link (between atmospheric CO2 and global temperatures) was clear, just not which was cause and which was affect?

Comment

of course there is climate change

Yesterday it was Sunny

Today it is raining

no doubt tomorrow it will change again

tsch

Comment

Wouldn't a hotter planet cause more water to evaporate from the seas causing more clouds and rain and so cool the planet?
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                    Wouldn't a hotter planet cause more water to evaporate from the seas causing more clouds and rain and so cool the planet?
                    If there was any sort of regulation like that the global temperature would be remarkably stable, which it isn't.

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      She's got fat knees.

Apparently.
                      ... and I thought I was fussy!
                      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X