• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oops - wrong man

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SandyDown
    anyway lets agree to differ... I don't like to see an innocent life wasted, whatever the circumstances... and you obviously do!!!
    It is likely that he will serve the best possible purpose in his life -- people will hear about this and will know that running from armed police means you get shot dead. This way next guy who runs should expect to be shot!, and no excuses this time.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      It is likely that he will serve the best possible purpose in his life -- people will hear about this and will know that running from armed police means you get shot dead. This way next guy who runs should expect to be shot!, and no excuses this time.

My be you should meet this fella's mum and dad and tell them that you think their son desrved to die for running away, and his death served a great purose in teaching everyone not to run when men with guns are chasing them.....

Originally posted by AtW
      Mark my words -- the police involved will be completely acquitted..
      they always do my dear, some of us have been living in this country a bit longer than you, and know how things work...

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
        My be you should meet this fella's mum and dad and tell them that you think their son desrved to die for running away, and his death served a great purose in teaching everyone not to run when men with guns are chasing them.....
        I could tell them this in straight face -- what he did (if he is not related to terrorist attacks) is completely stupid and he deserved to get shot.

It was even more stupid then driving fast to the checkpoint without stopping -- in his case he run long enough to think twice about things and he was not shot at until he got to the train.

Its not like armed people are common in this country -- not even police universally armed, say in Iraq that could have been anybody as lots of people armed, but probability of non-police people drawing firearms in London in daylight in the tube is zero.

they always do my dear, some of us have been living in this country a bit longer than you, and know how things work...
        Looks like all your knowledge of this country did not help you appreciate what is stupid to do in certain situations. I suggest you remember this conversation and act correctly should you get into situation when people calling themselves police order you to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          A Brazillian, then.

shame about the table leg...

Brazillian wax?? oooohhhh paaaaaaain.. tears....... not for me .. rather keep the bush intact

Comment

Sandy,

You are absolutely right.

Considering the current circumstances, a man who is challenged on the Tube and then persists in running away from armed police, should be allowed to amble nonchantly down to a packed tube waiting to depart. Far better that he then explodes a bomb and kills 30 people, than the police bother to intervene.

Sandy...you forget to understand the seriousness of this man actions against the current climate in the UK.

For those of you too stupid to realise, we are now at war in our backyard with terrorist extremists.

This isn't the sort of "one bomb a year" threat from the IRA which most of us lived with in the 1980's-1990's..this goes much deeper than that.

This is all out war Sandy...the extremists will stop at nothing to destroy our way of life.

There is no room for stupidity (witness the man shot dead).

There is no room for indesision.

There is no room for perhaps, what if, or suppose so's.

It's kill or be killed. Like it or not. The time for liberalism is over.

Welcome to the UK.
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek
              It's kill or be killed. Like it or not. The time for liberalism is over.
              I agree with you BBG, but this has nothing to do with liberalism -- liberty only goes as far as to not infringe other people's liberties, I see nothing wrong with police doing random checks, and if these persons refuse to stop and start running then its reasonable for armed police to shoot.

Comment

So far the only sources that confirmed that he was asked to stop outside the station were policemen themselves - all other witnesses only confirmed that the guy was chased by police when he jumped into the train and he was shot immediately after that. He definitely did not pay for the ticket (and most probably it was his usual practice), so he probably thought that it was station staff chasing him.

I am personally on police side in this situation - but judges may have different opinion.

I read news on BBC and Sky and I did not see any mentions about any wires ...

Comment

I am sure the officers will not be punished as they acted justifiably in this situation.
                  If reports are true that they shot him in the head while he was on the ground with two other officers on top of him (which is esencially in custody) then you can pretty much guarantee the officers will be punished with loss of jobs at best, possibly criminal charges at worst.

They could justifiable have shot him while he was running away but not after they had cought him

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise
                    They could justifiable have shot him while he was running away but not after they had cought him
                    Nope -- they could not shoot while he was running because they could have hit bomb, only when they had clear view of his head they were able to put him down in a way that would half guarantee that possible bomb won't blow up.

Tactics against suicide bombings are different from those used against usual criminals.

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise
                      If reports are true that they shot him in the head while he was on the ground with two other officers on top of him (which is esencially in custody) then you can pretty much guarantee the officers will be punished with loss of jobs at best, possibly criminal charges at worst.

Agree, he was executed.

This shoot to kill policy cannot work without proper and reliable intelligence.

Perhaps he didnt hear them and he was running for the train that was
                      on the platform at the time, who hasnt done that?

The facts will come out, but it doesnt look good for the police.

Comment

Working...
                      X