• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many times have you given blood?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    It's also less embarrassing getting your blood tested by a donor centre than a clap clinic
    Actually where I use to give blood they were basically next to each other. Though I doubt you got a mince pie at Christmas plus a mug and odd red blood cell soft toy at the STI clinic....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Some diseases count you out because giving blood could make you sick (like in my case) and others count you out because you will make others sick (like in ATWs case).

In some cases if you leave enough time e.g. ATWs mosquito bites you can give blood after a year.
      I think in my case it's the former due to the likelihood of anaemia.

Though I bet people are squeamish about all sorts of non communicable diseases. I wouldn't want a transfusion only to discover I'd caught Brexitism.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        I think in my case it's the former due to the likelihood of anaemia.

Though I bet people are squeamish about all sorts of non communicable diseases. I wouldn't want a transfusion only to discover I'd caught Brexitism.
        Many other European countries ban donations from people who've lived in the UK. They pretend it's about vCJD, but it's actually Brexitism.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Actually where I use to give blood they were basically next to each other. Though I doubt you got a mince pie at Christmas plus a mug and odd red blood cell soft toy at the STI clinic....
          Complimentary umbrella perhaps?
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Many other European countries ban donations from people who've lived in the UK. They pretend it's about vCJD, but it's actually Brexitism.
            Many europeans couldn't handle having proper British true blue blood flowing through their surrender-monkey veins. The same can be said for many homegrown spineless weasels.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              It's just a big Vampire Ponci scheme Sue and Brillo have fallen for.
              Well as the resident genetic mutant vampire, I shall say nothing other than carry on,

The way you feel the day after a transfusion is great – much better for you than illegal drugs

Thank you, to those that do give blood
              Growing old is mandatory
              Growing up is optional

Comment

#80 today.

Cue abuse from MF.....

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                  Well as the resident genetic mutant vampire, I shall say nothing other than carry on,

The way you feel the day after a transfusion is great – much better for you than illegal drugs

Thank you, to those that do give blood
                  As before

Although I have not had to have a transfusion for 6yrs - yay for prescription drugs!
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    #80 today.

Cue abuse from MF.....
                    Did the squeeze your stones

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                      Did the squeeze your stones

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Dare I look that up on urban dictionary?

Comment

Working...
                      X