• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Types of work in demand in a recession

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I think you mean "toot toot"
    I guess you're right - but that would fall under my BI category I think.
    I do SAP BI, and SAP HR. Both are "toot toot". Especially since HR at one of my clients has been centralised in order to save money in these difficult times. Other clients have laid off a proportion of their permanent staff, and so the middle managers are crying out for contractors, as the work needs doing, and contractors aren't headcount.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      One of my mates had to get a head out of the underpinnings of a diesel train once.

I don't think he enjoyed it much.
      They can be very dangerous. I was told once that if I stood too close to the edge of the platform I might get sucked off.
      I went back every night for a month and never got any action, but I nearly got killed about a dozen times.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        They can be very dangerous. I was told once that if I stood too close to the edge of the platform I might get sucked off.
        I went back every night for a month and never got any action, but I nearly got killed about a dozen times.

Comment

Has anyone given serious thought to Undertaking - seems to be recession proof - I think you can now open one up franchise style but unsure as to whetther one needs qualifications - Gity and Guilds perhaps - is a sector which could do with some competition ie Pruffocks Happy Stiffs Special offers - two for the price of one - will better any of out competitors quotes - book early for massive discounts - etc

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
            Has anyone given serious thought to Undertaking - seems to be recession proof - I think you can now open one up franchise style but unsure as to whetther one needs qualifications - Gity and Guilds perhaps - is a sector which could do with some competition ie Pruffocks Happy Stiffs Special offers - two for the price of one - will better any of out competitors quotes - book early for massive discounts - etc
            Indeed, an undertaker is the last person to 'let you down'.

igmc

Comment

Big Issue seller?

No! I'm not winding you up Bogey
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                Big Issue seller?

No! I'm not winding you up Bogey
                Gulag for you!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                  Gulag for you!
                  AtW made me!!!!
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    AtW made me!!!!

AtW bot alert.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I'll just go back to the SAS if the contracting dries up, there's a secret mission they want me on.

HRH
                      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                      X