• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any room on the bench?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is DP the only contractor working.

I'm coming up for renewal too, project budget looks ok now, but job cuts announcement soon, could change everything.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
      .Net is saturated. I'd probably have more luck finding work with my ancient COBOL skills.
      Not in my area you won't.........
      It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Sorry to hear the news Chef and the rest of the clan, hopefully you won't be stuck on the bench for too long.

I'm know I'm a devil but I'm a thoughtful one.
        That boy go raaaaaaa
        Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

same here. contract ending 30 April. Nothing in the pipeline. C# sql banking.

Comment

Is DP the only contractor working.
            Nope I got offered a renewal until July 2009. Wont stay that long though.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              We always had Janek & his alterego Gordon Brown to cheer us up...
              Someone mentioned that a guy called Janek was, and perhaps still is, a stalwart doomsayer on a site whose name as I recall was something like housepricecrash.co.uk

By the sound of it, he must be ecstatic at the way things are going now

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                Nope I got offered a renewal until July 2009. Wont stay that long though.
                I took a couple of months out at the start of the year for family reasons, was just thinking about looking again in May when (a couple of weeks ago) my last client emailed and then rang me asking if I wanted to come back as they had lots of work on.. Really I fancied a change but thought I'd go back for an easy life for a few months (they wanted to sign me up for 6 but I'm not fond of long contracts so told them 3 months).

I guess I was lucky reading some of the stuff on here
                Do what thou wilt

Comment

Serious?

Originally posted by Marina View Post
                  Someone mentioned that a guy called Janek was, and perhaps still is, a stalwart doomsayer on a site whose name as I recall was something like housepricecrash.co.uk

By the sound of it, he must be ecstatic at the way things are going now
                  Wasn't he a 'regular' here a few years ago?
                  (TwAt's predecessor-like)

PS: sorry, missed the post above saying just that!
                  Last edited by Dow Jones; 15 April 2008, 15:07.

Comment

A few more comfy cushions needed.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Just finished my contract and taking a week off before.....a 6 month extension kicks in. Looking fine in my neck of the woods at the moment (J2EE).

Good luck to those benched. My advice, see if you can get work at a bailiffs or auction house, I suspect they might be needing a few extra hands in the near future...
                      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Working...
                      X